Sick kitty, again :(

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses is sick again. This time it's not so bad though. I've been noticing that she's had some soft/mushy stools in the past few days and for the past few weeks has been laying some that peeled the wallpaper. Last night right as we're getting ready to go to sleep, I don't know what she was thinking, but she must not have known she was aiming the wrong way because it was all over the entrance to her litter box and on the litter mat we have. Yuck...that was fun to clean... Thankfully I checked after I heard her scratching in the litter box. We got her some new flushable litter and because of the strong smell I've gotten into the habit of dumping whatever she does immediately if I hear her in there and it's offensive enough. Also when she scratches it goes everywhere, so I had gotten into the habit of checking to see how big the mess is after she uses the litter box. Atleast I caught it then and not at 3am when I'm half asleep.

My wife dropped off some samples and the vet thinks it might be a GI Tract problem again and wants to try her on some other meds. Lucky us it's liquid. Last time we gave her a liquid regiment she didn't want us picking her up because she knew what was coming next

Atleast this time we're trying things without it going into the $100 dollar vet bill range first.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...poor Reese's
. Hopefully it'll be something fairly minor and she'll feel better soon. I'll send some well-kitty vibes your way
, and some rubs
from my boys.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness poor Reeses. Sending get well vibes to her
and stuffy nose vibes for you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh my goodness poor Reeses. Sending get well vibes to her
and stuffy nose vibes for you?
More like sense of smell vibes. I swear everything smells like kitty poo to me now *lol*

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor lass
and poor you

Do you think it might be a food allergy or the kitty equivalent of IBS? I hope it's something that can be sorted out easily and without too much in the way of vet bills

sunshine'skid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw, hope Resse's feels better soon!
Here's for hoping your wife brings home some scented candles or something! LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Poor lass
and poor you

Do you think it might be a food allergy or the kitty equivalent of IBS? I hope it's something that can be sorted out easily and without too much in the way of vet bills
I'm not sure, and the vet didn't mention it, but if it doesn't get any better in 3 days I have to call, so I'll mention it.

She hasn't had a problem previous to this. Her diet is the same, the only difference is new cat treats she got for christmas, but she's been fine since then as far as I can see. I think the stinky poo started before Christmas, and the mushy stools has only been the past few days or so that I've noticed.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby.......and poor you!!!! Healing headbuts and soooothing, calming licks from KittenKiya's Clan.