How did you meet your SO?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were talking about this at lunch. I had to admit that Lee was my ex's best friend. So how did you meet your SO?

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was 17 and working with my mother as a waitress in a coffee shop. Eric came in around 2 am in the morning dirty and greasy from working on cars with a few friends and it really was love at first sight.

I wasn't suppose to give out my phone number but he was insistent. He also left me his name and phone number on a napkin and I still have it 19 years later.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were your typical high school sweethearts. We've been together since I was 15 and he was 16!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I meet my husband on the internet.. I know people say that never works,, but we have been married for 5 years, and have a 4 year old... Working on 6 years of marriage, and together for 7 years..

We suprisingly meet in your run of the mill chat room.. Started talking privately.. (My name was CrazyKitty,, hahaha) Anyways.. He lived like 45 minutes from me up in Greenwood, Indiana, and started to talk on the phone for a month and then finally meet in at the mall, dinner movie, and the rest is history......

Heather

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I hired mine to backfill me out of a job I hated. I remember the interview: Are you sure you want this job? It will do nothing for your career? (It was on a legacy system we were supposed to turn off in 18 months - it wasn't decommissioned for 7 years - 2 years after DH had moved on to another job
).

He said that he had thought I was cute
and the job paid a lot of money

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We met in high school, running track together and through mutual friends, but we didn't start dating until after college. We went to different colleges but kept in touch.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I started my former job at the Body Shop, John worked there as a Body Tech, working on cars - I thought he was sooo cute, and I loved that he was a 'manly man'! My then boyfriend was a priss
but since I had a boyfriend at the time, whom I moved here for. After about a year, John & I got closer as friends and I broke up with my former boyfriend because he was just a horrid guy... and John & I started dating about a month after I broke up with my boyfriend!
He gave me a promise ring only after being together for a month, and we've been happily together for almost 2 years now!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I was 17 and working with my mother as a waitress in a coffee shop. Eric came in around 2 am in the morning dirty and greasy from working on cars with a few friends and it really was love at first sight.

I wasn't suppose to give out my phone number but he was insistent. He also left me his name and phone number on a napkin and I still have it 19 years later.
Great story, Eva!

I met Dave where we used to work together. Was having some friends over for dinner, he was working there as a contractor and was remodeling my office so I invited him too. Made a ton of food, 1/2 hour after everyone was supposed to be there no one was.
I was SOOO pissed. He showed up late cause he didn't really know anyone and didn't want to be the first one there. We had dinner, talked til 2 am, I invited him over again. He pulled in the driveway behind me the next afternoon after work, and we've only spent 2 nights apart since.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
February 2000 in an online game called Asheron's Call, met in person in August of the same year.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in school getting my second University degree, and working part-time as the graduate student coordinator at one of the University departments... He was being courted by the department as a prospective graduate student. I met him when he was being taken to dinner (my boyfriend and I went along to meet him). I sat across from him, and I think I forgot my boyfriend was sitting next to me!

When he started grad school several months later, my heart would pound in my chest when I passed him in the hall, or when he'd come into my office! (I found out later the same thing was happening to him!) He left me a birthday card on my desk, I emailed him and asked him out (lame to email, I know), and we had our first date and never saw anyone else after that, despite his being ten years younger than me. We're still happily married after almost 12 years; (together 16).

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was the sales assistant for an auto parts company. He was a salesman. I couldn't stand him. He was so arrogant and cocky and everyone said he was a total womanizer.

Needless to say, he grew on me.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I came to Germany on an exchange program (Fulbright), and was moving some stuff into the dorm, but hadn't moved in yet. He lived in the dorm, knocked on my door, introduced himself, offered to help me with my German, and invited me out for a drink. That was back in 1979!

maki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My coworker and friend invited me out for a drink with her SO and his coworkers. She had been wanting to introduce me to one of them for a while but he couldn't make it. There was another single guy coming but her words were "I don't think he's your type and he's moving to x-city anyways" (2 hours from where we were living).

2 years later: I'm living in x-city and we're getting married this June.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tari - I was the arrogent one of our relationship.

We had met through a local community organization. I guess the first time we met we were at a party (I know I met some new member, just wasn't sure) and he came up made some dumb remark. I patted him on the head (yes I was a little snookered) and said "That's nice...why don't you keep drinking."

He was so ticked off with me he walked away.

Then 2 weeks later we were at another social function together and he got stuck with me at the bar. Everyone else had left.
Needless to say though he changed his mind about me that night. We were up until 5:00 am just talking.

Then he disappeared for 2 months, then came back to see if we had a chance together.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met my DH in the Widow/Widowers Chat room on AOL, He lost his wife of 24 years to cancer, they had been married since they were 19, she died in March of 1996 and I lost my husband to a boat accident in Sept of 1996. We met online Feb of 97 then started talking on the phone in April and met in person in August and we were in love before we met, And we were married in February 1998 on Valentines Day in Puerto Rico!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was my movie, beer, and cigarette delivery driver in college. DH was the back ground guy always there, but I never really knew his name. One day I went into the video store to rent a movie and he asked me if I'd like to go get a beer. I said to my self, "Why not. It can't be worse than my last date." In all honesty I was looking for a one night stand. It just so happened to last eight years.
LOL

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I met my DH in the Widow/Widowers Chat room on AOL, He lost his wife of 24 years to cancer, they had been married since they were 19, she died in March of 1996 and I lost my husband to a boat accident in Sept of 1996. We met online Feb of 97 then started talking on the phone in April and met in person in August and we were in love before we met, And we were married in February 1998 on Valentines Day in Puerto Rico!
Great story Helen, I love how the net brought two people who had lost a lot together.