Am I sheltered now?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Classes began this week for me (as well as a lot of other people here too).

One student that was in all of my classes last semester was an international student (actually if you remember my thread about project partner issues and how to dissolve a partnership its the same guy).

Anyways, he's in 2 more of my classes again this semester. I didn't recognize him at first because....he permed his hair. Yes, as in hair permanent...curls.
I did think that maybe he has naturally curly hair, but this was spiral. I hate to say it, but I really thought he was a she.

So my question is....are guys getting perms now?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
its not unheard of, but its not that common either.... I really hope it does not gain popularity
my uncle used to get them a few years ago
I prefer a guy's hair to be so short that there is no possible way a roller could be used anyway

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in HS a friend of mine got a perm all the time he was trying to make up for his thining hair by curling it I think. To this Day I call him "Gerimie Curl" rather than "Jerry Curl"

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am going to try to make this a quick story.

One of my ex boyfriends while I was with him told me for a couple weeks he was going to get a perm. I told him absolutely NOT! He didn't listen to me and one day showed up on my door step with one.

I know this is going to sould shallow, but I almost broke up with him. People stared at him every where we went. I was so embarassed. He got it because he wanted to be "original". I told him he looked stupid.

For about a month we would argue of his hair. I could not stop looking at it. It consumed our relationship.

So then one day, ( I kid you not ) we were watching a basketball game. He sees one of the players with a perm. He made an appointment next day and got it all cut off. ( of course we broke up like 2 weeks later. Go figure. )

The moral to the story is.. MEN SHOULD NOT HAVE PERMS! EVER!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they always did, i remember my mother made me get perms when i was in high school ( note i am not going to run and hide in shame)
PS i had hair back then

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

they always did, i remember my mother made me get perms when i was in high school ( note i am not going to run and hide in shame)
PS i had hair back then
I'm sorry Bruce, but I cannot even begin to imagine you with curly hair
but I won't laugh to hard, you might beat me up, or run me over with your bike

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

nope would not do that, dont ask but there is no way i am going to scan pics of me in afro yes i am talking AFRO big,

heeh i may offter to take you for ride on the bike, but never run u over

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

nope would not do that, dont ask but there is no way i am going to scan pics of me in afro yes i am talking AFRO big,

heeh i may offter to take you for ride on the bike, but never run u over
oh, boy, tell me at least you didn't wear a headband with it

it has been YEARS since I've been riding, I used to go with my dad all the time, but he sold his Harley Police Special about 10 years ago
I need to find me a biker dude

ETA: ya know, Elyria is not that far from me either

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OK Afros make sense...it just seemed weird to see a perm on an asian guy. His hair is chin length, so it really did look like a girl.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

OK Afros make sense...it just seemed weird to see a perm on an asian guy. His hair is chin length, so it really did look like a girl.
no! really? I'm surprised his hair held it actually, I wouldn't think that the texture of their hair would hold a perm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

no! really? I'm surprised his hair held it actually, I wouldn't think that the texture of their hair would hold a perm
Come to think of it, I didn't think so either.

Unless he really does have naturally spirally curly hair...and straightened it every single day last semester.

Well if his hair is straight next week I'll let you know.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

oh, boy, tell me at least you didn't wear a headband with it

it has been YEARS since I've been riding, I used to go with my dad all the time, but he sold his Harley Police Special about 10 years ago
I need to find me a biker dude

ETA: ya know, Elyria is not that far from me either
oh yea, of course, when i was playing football you had to do something to keep the water out of your eyes
(note to self make sure i burned all my high school pics)

oh yea, that right you live in cleveland.

As i side note asian do have curly hair, The first asian women i ever dated had very very curly hair, and hated it she wanted the stright hair look...i never knew that until later that hair was not just hair, that what worked for white people may not work for asians, blacks, etc.. oh well live and learn.

however, i will never get used to blonde hair on asians, it just does not look right to me. pink, blue, etc, that ok just not blonde

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe his hair is naturally curly, and last semester he was using a straightening iron!
Hey, if men can get perms, they can use irons!