Questionable Food Combinations...come on, fess up!

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was talking to my dad tonight and we were laughing about how my grandfather would put the grossest foods together. For instance, he would (not often, mind you) put HORSERADISH on his ice cream!

So I got to thinking about what weird combos I'm guilty of. This isn't original, but I do like catchup on my scrambled eggs. I also have had an "Elvis" sandwich -- bread with peanut butter, bacon, a banana, drizzled with honey then grilled like a grilled cheese sandwich.
I probably lost a few years off my lifespan for eating that, but it was YUMMY!!

So what weird food combinations do you enjoy?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raw Maccroni (broken into small pieces) and ice cream ...tastes kinda like unflavored sprinkles in my ice cream

pickles & crab legs (
Colin thought i was pregnant
)

mustard with my pretzels- any kind of pretzels

and everytime i make spaghetti- i like a big glass of orange juice to go with it

i also like eating pickles *bread & butter or kosher dill* with cheese

mustard with my cresent rolls (really-it tastes awesome!
)

the list goes on....

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

When I was a kid, I HAD to have malt vinegar on spaghetti with no spaghetti sauce
that actually sounds good to me!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fries dipped in milkshakes/ice cream, although thats not ~that~ weird. My brother likes mayo on his french fries. Yuck!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put black pepper on bagels with cream cheese. And chocolate milk on cereal (neither very often).

When I was a kind I used to eat cheese and pnut butter samiches.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like fries or chicken strips dipped in white gravy and I also have this snack food I like. You heat up mild cheddar dip. And then get some nacho cheese doritos and pepperoni and dip the pepperoni and the chips in the mild cheddar dip its oh so good.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fries and chicken strips in white gravy is pretty common around here (Oklahoma).

My family always did something that others thought was weird, but everyone who has tried it has loved it. Gingerbread covered with chocolate fudge sauce. It is a really good side with homemade chicken noodle soup.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fun thread!

When I was pregnant, I loved popcorn with either grape jelly or pineapple jelly on it!

I do love a cold Wendy's Frosty with french fries though...oh yeah!

One of my favs is a room temp flour tortilla...a little on the firm side...with peanut butter & jelly......do not...I repeat...DO NOT knock this until you've tried it!!! It is soooooo good!!!

Hilda >^..^<

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

Fries and chicken strips in white gravy is pretty common around here (Oklahoma).
Here too (MN) they actually serve that at Dairy Queen

Lets see...

I LOVE fries dipped in chocolate shakes, anywhere, any kind, but McDonalds are the best

I like eating cold pizza and drinking a big glass of orange juice together, everytime I say that around my Grandpa, he tells me he's going to barf

When I was little I used to eat rasins in a bowl of milk

The list goes on, but I can't really remember anymore, but I'm sure I will once I see other people's combinations!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
Vanilla yogurt with Granola
Tuna(Italian tuna packed in oil) with Grape nuts w/Italian dressing or just balsamic vinegar.
Sesame Breadsticks with Catalina dressing and cottage cheese

DH loves Rice Krispies on vanilla ice cream, and Grilled PB&J sandwiches, oh yeah and Ketchup in Bean Soup

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

DH loves Rice Krispies on vanilla ice cream
oOohhh.. yes! My mom taught me how to eat it that way!

My fav. combo is... Vanilla ice cream... fruity pebbles and chocolate sauce!
Or any kind of other cereal substituted is good too... rice krispies... cherrios.... frosted flakes...

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

One of my favs is a room temp flour tortilla...a little on the firm side...with peanut butter & jelly......do not...I repeat...DO NOT knock this until you've tried it!!! It is soooooo good!!!>^..^<
I've tried that!!! i really like it, too.

When I was a kid I loved Miracle Whip and Jelly sandwitches. GROSS!!!

Now I really love:

- Waffles with peanut butter and chocolate syrup
- Yogurt and Pretzels
- And when Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m pregnant Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll drink whole glasses of pickle juice.

My kids really like popcorn in milk.

My mom was the worst, though. She loved pigs feet, raw rice, raw hamburger meat (I'm not kidding), and raw spaghetti. She also loved spinach and sardines straight from the can and her FAVORITE was the cartilage off of a chicken bone. Oh my gosh, it would make me sick to hear her crunching on that stuff.

Those aren't really combinations of anything but they gross me out all the same!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like to stuff french fies between 2 dill pickles. The combination is delicious. I also love cottage cheese with potato chips on top of it.