OH! I want to adopt one of these babies!!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was cruising petfinder, as I often do and I would LOVE to adopt one of these little girls.

I sent the link to Brian, but just last night he was saying he's hesitant about getting a friend for Anya because he's afraid that she won't accept it or her personality will change.

Any hints as to how you convinced your DH's or DW's? These kitties already are altered, have their shots, housetrained, etc...

Aren't they SWEET?! I've always wanted an orange tabby, and I've always wanted a polydactyl kitty. These little sweeties are BOTH!

Most Precious Kittens Ever

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my fricken god! I was JUST telling everyone that I wanted to adopt another orange tabby polydactyl kitty (but I wanted a male) because I was missing my Azrael so much... and here you are with a whole fricken litter available! Oh my gosh, I am SO jealous that you are in California and I'm not!

Sorry.. I had to get over the raging jealousy first... and now I can help...

Well I convinced BF to take Tryon because he's as much of an animal person as I am and when I found her starving on the streets we both knew we couldnt leave her there. Got Peewee only because I was trying to recuse another kitty who ended up getting a home just before I got to the shelter... and then adopted him instead... but I had him sold on Peewee once he saw the change in Tryon. Yes, it did change her, but for the better. Tryon plays now... she's really come out of her shell. So usually I find the better the sob story ("... but look at this poor little girl. She's starving! I can just leave her here to die in the park!"), the easier it is for a true mush to say yes

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Start off by showing him all the cute pics of kitties snuggling together, along with the "Don't you think Anya gets lonely when we're gone?" :sniff:

And be sure that he knows that you know the best way to introduce cats together, and that you've seen it done successfully many times on TCS, and you have access to experts 24/7 who can help you if anything comes up. Oh yeah, and it will be a lot easier on everyone if you get Anya a friend while she's still young, rather than waiting until she's older.

Any way you can swing by that store that they do adoptions at during the weekend? Nothing convinced a guy that he NEEDS another kitten like having a baby fall in love with him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww guys.... they have extra toes on the front AND back paws. How precious is that?!

Anyway, been chatting with Brian via IM. Here's how its going down:

Emily: I KNOW you said you were unsure about a new kitty, but they have orange little girls and they are all polydactyls. How cute are they?!?
Emily: Oh my goodness, they have extra toes in the front AND the back. How adorable!
Brian: Oh no...
Emily: what?
Brian: Haven't I treated you well?
Emily: lol
Brian: Didn't I buy you a kitten?
Emily: Yeah, but kitten needs a buddy.
Brian: But I'm enjoying loving on the one we have.
Brian: I don't want to split that love.
Emily: :raised eyebrow:
Brian: Or the amount of time in which it takes to properly love on her.
Emily: but...she would get attention from the other cat too.
Brian: But then I'D get jealous.
Emily: Nah.
Emily: Anya will always be a daddy's baby who loves your beard and snuggle. She's done it for almost a year now. She's not changing anytime son.
Brian: I know. Just not ready for another little one.
Emily: k
Emily: But aren't they precious and perfect if we WERE? Couldn't we just go look at them?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Emily........how could you ever pick just one!?? I'd have to take them all! Hey, what's 5 more......it's just 5 times the love!! Tell Brian we all need to talk to him!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, just tell Brian that its just another kitty that will love him like Anya does! Plus... Anya will be oh so happy to have a buddy to climb around with!

I was lucky... with John, it was his idea to get Davidson.. and if I'd let him, we'd have another one!
I had to step in and say NO to that one... we don't have the space for 3!

GOOD LUCK hun!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I was cruising petfinder, as I often do and I would LOVE to adopt one of these little girls.

I sent the link to Brian, but just last night he was saying he's hesitant about getting a friend for Anya because he's afraid that she won't accept it or her personality will change.

Any hints as to how you convinced your DH's or DW's? These kitties already are altered, have their shots, housetrained, etc...

Aren't they SWEET?! I've always wanted an orange tabby, and I've always wanted a polydactyl kitty. These little sweeties are BOTH!

Most Precious Kittens Ever
Oh Yeah go get one there Darling, I love the polydactyls...
I don't know how you convince him I never had to I just kinda got mine
we had 2 then I rescued 8 and kept 6

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the conversation continues....

Emily: Helen says: Tell Brian he can name it Sonny Jurgenson or Art Monk or John Riggins, or any other great Redskin...he will go for it then
Brian:

Brian: What if she hates another cat?
Brian: I don't want our cats to change personalities or start hiding. (AHA! He said CATS. Plural!)
Brian: I like that she's friendly.
Emily: There's a tried and true TCS new kitty introduction process. It consists of keeping one in the bathroom or bedroom and exchanging scented items, getting used to smells, trading toys, etc.
Brian: Can you IMAGINE trading her pink ball?? (Anya is VERY possessive of her pink ball)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take him there to show him the cuties... how could he resist? Has he SEEN the pictures?!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be picking them out of my SO's pockets, and trying to make myself give them back. He is such a sucker for a kitten, particularly an orange one. That much cuteness in one little basket would send him right into being a baby talking maniac. I love that about him.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww it sounds like you may be getting another baby. Point out how the kitten is homeless and that you can't just let her sit in a lonely cage.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's home from work. I mentioned it and he said to email them and see if there are any of them left and if so we'll go look Saturday, but he's "not promising anything".

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

aww it sounds like you may be getting another baby. Point out how the kitten is homeless and that you can't just let her sit in a lonely cage.
Well, the 'lonely cage' tactic might not work if he has seen the pic with all the little kittys together.

I wish my DH was that easy to convince. I can't get another kitty until he gets a Harley.