Sam Induced a Nightmare

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My DH is gone for a couple of days. Last night as I was reading in bed, I noticed Sam was sitting on the top step looking down the stairwell. You know the look: real intent and sort of like a vulture. I thought maybe he was looking at Clio or Pru and then realized they were on the bed with me.

I woke up around 4 a.m. from a bad dream, and my heart was pounding! I dreamed the FBI was knocking at my door, I opened the door and they were everywhere in full gear. They said there was an escapee and they needed to check all houses. The FBI guy came in and we were looking all through the house. In the spare bedroom, the FBI guy pointed under the bed, put his fingers to his lips (to keep quiet). We left the room went outside and then they stormed the house and got the guy who was under the bed. In my dream I was thinking, oh my gosh, Sammy knew someone was down there and trying to tell me. And I must have known in my heart too, because I didn't go down to check. And like only in a dream, I called work to say I wouldn't be in and then from the sound of my boss's voice, I changed my mind and said I would be in at noon.

DH gone, a little work stress, a neighbor who is an FBI agent, and a darn cat make for bad dreams.
Gee, do you think I'll get any sleep tonight?
~Rhonda

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh geez! I hate it when the kitties get that intent look on something we can't see
my dog wil lsometimes bark for so reason and living alone it freaks me out sometimes, no bad dreams though

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

DH gone, a little work stress, a neighbor who is an FBI agent, and a darn cat make for bad dreams.
Gee, do you think I'll get any sleep tonight?
~Rhonda
I'd concentrate on the "neighbor who is an FBI agent" and sleep fine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Satai wrote: I'd concentrate on the "neighbor who is an FBI agent" and sleep fine
He's a nice guy in his early forties, but wears long sleeve shirts in the summer to cover his tattoos so his mom doesn't see them when she visits.

I think I'll concentrate on something else, thanks anyway.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I hate it when Abby does that!

I hope you slept better last night

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now isn't that just like Sam - protecting his meowmy whether it was real or not! I am soooooo in kitty-love with Sammy.
I sometimes wonder how you can stand to be around him all the time and not be hugging him so much that he's all squeezed up. I'd never get any work done if I had him around - I'd be too busy loving on him all day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yosemite wrote: I'd never get any work done if I had him around - I'd be too busy loving on him all day.
Linda,
It's a good thing Sam can't read. If he could, he would be packing his bags and heading up your way to live.

~Rhonda