My boss made a doctors appointment

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today i had to have a small meeting with my boss and collegue.
We were talking about my Intership and the possiblities of me working there fulltime, they told me that they really like me but i am not improving.
They noticed certain symptoms that some days i will be full of power and other days i am really slow.
Of course there was some gossip in the office because i only work there 5 hrs a day and they thought that i wasnt taking my job seriously, and all of a sudden I broke down

I had to go into detail about my private life, that I dont get to sleep through the night, I will only sleep about 5 hrs a night, I am way too stressed for financial reasons, I cant eat properly because I have a messed up schedule.
I dont know why but I am always weak, and this has been going on for months. The stress isnt related to my parents I just dont know where its coming from.

After describing all of my symptoms she told me that I do have to go to the doctor, so she called her colleague and asked her if she knew any good doctors in our area. She made an appointment for me, and she will take me there personally on Friday morning.

I am to have blood work done, and I am just so scared to know the answer to what ever I have.

Right now I have noone else to turn to, I feel like I constantly fall into the same trap Over and over again

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't worry too much Fran, it could be something as simple as anemia, but to me it honestly sounds like you are suffering from depression, feeling low and stressed all the time can really take a toll on you mentally. I hope the doctor can you some answers!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there, I also think that you sound stressed or something. Just wait and see what the doctor says. Make sure you let everyone here know what is happening.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran, I'm there for you Honey if your nervous, but it's the best thing you can do is to go and see what it is and get it taken care of.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! My heart goes out to you! Sounds like you are definitely stressed (uhhh..because you stated that) and some depression.

Extreme Stress can do some wacky things to your body...you think you're full all the time or you eat then throw it back up, you don't sleep, or you sleep too much. Not eating and sleeping does lead to feeling weak a lot.

Hopefully the doctor is good and finds it after your first visit.

Good luck!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness... having my boss know and take me to the doc would even make me more stressed and depressed!!

It sounds to me like you might be suffering from depression, too. I've been there.. it isn't fun, and it definitely affects work. How are your classes going, or is this your final internship?

Be sure to be honest with the doctor, but also make sure that they just don't prescribe something and send you on your way. There are programs out there for students and those who don't have health insurance to get counseling and stuff. If you get a good counselor/psychologist, it's worth it.

*hugs* I hope things are starting to look up for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IM doing an Intership as a receptionist, teaching is on the side.

My boss sees me more as her daughter, because her daughter is actually the same age as me.
She is actually a lovely lady, i dont see her so much as my boss.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be too worried. Too much stress can cause all of those symtoms that you have. I think it's great that your boss is helping you out and being understanding. Good Luck at your doctors appointment. Hopefully they'll be able to get to the bottom of it, and get you well again soon!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran, from the things that you have posted, and keep in mind I have never seen you personally... but I am willing to bet there is nothing physically wrong with you. I have a feeling that you are stressing yourself out, which creates a nasty downward spiral leading to all of the things you have mentioned. If you are stressed out you weaken your immune system, affect your ability to sleep, eat, and in turn function properly. It even affects your moods. Stress is terrible for your body. It is imperable that you learn how to deal with it in a healthy way. If you have the means to visit a counselor to discuss stress management, I would highly recommend doing so. If not, this is an excellent site with advice on helping yourself:
http://www.mindtools.com/smpage.html

They mention a stress diary, which is a big help.

In the meantime, you need to make yourself eat. Several small means and snacks throughout the day is fine. But by not eating your depriving your body of necessary nutrients. You can't expect much out of it if you aren't taking care of it

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Not getting enough sleep and not eating properly are enough to make anybody feel weak. I like Tanya's suggestion about small meals, and trying to reduce your stress levels.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran

DOnt worry to much ... hopefully it will be something easily controlled

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

IM doing an Intership as a receptionist, teaching is on the side.

My boss sees me more as her daughter, because her daughter is actually the same age as me.
She is actually a lovely lady, i dont see her so much as my boss.
Oh, that's good to hear. Well, I hope things get better for you. You're lucky to have such an understanding boss!

Don't stress too much about the doctor... just try to eat better and maybe take some vitamins. I know how hard it is to sleep when you're stressed, but at least give yourself a bubble bath and hug your kitties extra tight! *hugs*

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds llike your boss and colleagues really like you. I think a check-up is a great idea. Blood tests can find lots of things that relatively easy to help, and lots of these things can lead to depression!

I think you need to eat very high-quality whole foods when you do eat. I'd grab a carrot juice or healthy smoothie drink when on the run, tuck some fruit, and protein bars (check the ingredients!) into my coat and desk, and carry around a huge water bottle and drink on it all the time.

I hope you find out what's going on, so you can start getting better.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good thing you're going to the doctor. I thought there was some weird thing wrong with me when I was falling asleep at work, and just so exhausted that I slept ALL weekend - it turned out I had low iron, and I feel much better now. So fingers crossed that you have a productive doctor's appointment!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you have such a supportive work environment, it will really help while you try to get through this.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good vibes going your way.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I wouldn't worry too much Fran, it could be something as simple as anemia, but to me it honestly sounds like you are suffering from depression, feeling low and stressed all the time can really take a toll on you mentally. I hope the doctor can you some answers!
I agree with it possibly being depression.You'd be surprised at what depression can do to you.

Good luck sweetie!!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your not feeling well

Everyone's right, depression can mess up stuff we probably would'nt even think it could affect. I hope all goes well at the doctor. Please let us know what the doc says.