Mouse+Stewie=YIKES!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have to share this story with you...
This weekend we bought 4 tiny mice to feed our two snakes this week.
We usually keep them in the tiny box they give us and then place the box inside the secure feeder tank. No way those suckers are getting out.
Well on saturday dan fed the snakes a little white mouse each. Two came in one box and then two in the other box. Well i didn pay attention to him feeding the snakes because I was to busy digging into my burgerking salad
Later that night I noticed he left the box on top of Khans cage inside the plastic bag...right by the heater...so I moved it on top of the rats cage and took it out of the bag. Now, the mice have never before gotten out and well I just plain wasnt thinking.

I then took a visit to my moms house.
When i returned I noticed stewie playing at my feet, jumping around with this...thing in his mouth! i look..its the darn white mouse! I freak out and try to take it from him..he's throwing it in the air, letting it hit the ground then batting it around. I rescue him from the wild stewie then I go check out the other one...they chewed through the box! now the 2nd mouse was missing. I searched all over for him. The next day...there was a dead..very dead mouse
in stewies water dish. he had found him during the night and well...killed him.
Id like to think that stewie was just so PLAYFULL that the little guy couldnt take playing with him anymore and his heart gave out..thats the nice way to look at it lol

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they had fun! Call it enrichment.
I had a friend in high school that would buy feeder mice just so his cat had something to play with...
I gave him such a hard time about it. I didn't think it was very nice.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - what a great meowmy you are for bringing home REAL mice for your kitty to play with!!! My Ginger is a bit jealous.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least your still not looking for the mouse....

I could never have snakes simply because I'd end up wanting to keep the little mousies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

At least your still not looking for the mouse....

I could never have snakes simply because I'd end up wanting to keep the little mousies!
Oh i know..thats how we got TJ and Percilla the rats..and whitey the mean bitter rat. I had them as babies and when the snakes didnt eat them I got attatched to them and now they are pets! but they gots to go soon!

I love all animals!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aw, poor little mouse...LOL, Its funny, Stewie looks too cute to be a murderer
ahh looks can be decieving!
the other day i was taking something upstairs to our house and my grandma was in the hallway with me and stewie was trying to get down the stairs and I asked her to shooosh' him up there and as she came to close to him he started meowing...then growling then hissed at her....she jumped back pretty fast! He looks like a sweet baby but he'd bite your toes off just as quick flash you a good look!