Uhhhhhh! No I will NOT come into work today on my day off!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhh! Don't you just hate it when your work place drives you up the wall? I have worked 7 blasted days in a row without one day off!
This is my first day off in a week and already work has called me twice this morning to see if i could come in and run the floral dpt. I ran it for the past 4 days. (the others i cashiered) The only other person who runs it is the floral manager- she's had 4 days in a row off and i've worked a week straight. They can bite me! No way i'm going in on my only day off
I'm really hoping i get that new job at the animal shelter! This one is making me

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, sounds like my boss - I helped out there on one of my days off because it was year end and both the other people who work with me were sick and I felt bad about the office being completely unstaffed (plus I didn't fancy cleaning up all the mess they made 'trying' to do our work if there was no one in) Then my next day off he asked the other girl why I wasn't in

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to think maybe if you screw up enough they quit asking you to help so much. Sadly, that is not true, or I would be missing some coworkers...

Stick to your guns!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Yep, sounds like my boss - I helped out there on one of my days off because it was year end and both the other people who work with me were sick and I felt bad about the office being completely unstaffed (plus I didn't fancy cleaning up all the mess they made 'trying' to do our work if there was no one in) Then my next day off he asked the other girl why I wasn't in
what a heifer!

Originally Posted by neetanddave

I used to think maybe if you screw up enough they quit asking you to help so much. Sadly, that is not true, or I would be missing some coworkers...

Stick to your guns!
oh yeah, i'm definitely sticking to my guns on this one- i have too much to do today. and there's no way i'm going into work on the only day i've had off in over a week. i need a break.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Uhhh! Don't you just hate it when your work place drives you up the wall? I have worked 7 blasted days in a row without one day off!
This is my first day off in a week and already work has called me twice this morning to see if i could come in and run the floral dpt. I ran it for the past 4 days. (the others i cashiered) The only other person who runs it is the floral manager- she's had 4 days in a row off and i've worked a week straight. They can bite me! No way i'm going in on my only day off
I'm really hoping i get that new job at the animal shelter! This one is making me
Didn't you just get this job in the floral shop?

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate when they do that. Someone always is irresponsible and gets tons of time off, while the responsible person is always called in to take up thier slack. You need a break once in awhile, they can't blame you for that.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

TGFCID.....Thank God for Caller ID!
My work place does that on a regular basis. I got calls on my vacation. I'm not even the manager, she was the one calling me, leaving me messages about how to do this or that, now comeon, you get paid more money to do your job and you can't do it? Hmmmm. Something's wrong here?
I will never be without caller id. If I see my works number on the caller id, I'm not home, no matter if I'm standing right next to the phone or what. I won't answer it until I decide I want to IF I want to. Noone answers for me, I've learned the hard way that I'm taking the shaft everytime I answer so I figure if they won't answer for me, why should I answer for them?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

My work place does that on a regular basis. I got calls on my vacation. I'm not even the manager, she was the one calling me, leaving me messages about how to do this or that, now comeon, you get paid more money to do your job and you can't do it? Hmmmm. Something's wrong here?
I will never be without caller id. If I see my works number on the caller id, I'm not home, no matter if I'm standing right next to the phone or what. I won't answer it until I decide I want to IF I want to. Noone answers for me, I've learned the hard way that I'm taking the shaft everytime I answer so I figure if they won't answer for me, why should I answer for them?
Hmmm.....sounds something like what I've been griping about at work. But mostly they know better than to call!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've trained them at work to not call me unless it's a dire emergency that I absolutely have to deal with! And if that's the case, then I prefer that they do call me! I like it that way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Didn't you just get this job in the floral shop?
That was a different one i was looking into a few months ago at a private owned flower shop. I didn't take that one- it wound up not being as good as i thought it would. I took one instead at a grocery store (just for now) I cashiere when they need me and the rest of the time i run the entire floral department there.
/ I just applied the other day to our local animal shelter where i already volunteer at though- the pay is better, i already know everyone, and there are better benifits. I actually like my current job- but between the drive and the sucky pay.....i am definitely looking into other options. Eithor way, i'll get awesome references from them
/ I didn't even answer my phone this mornining- i looked at my cell and saw who was calling and turned it off and rolled back over
I'm not even going to answer it on my days off to tell them "no" I don't want them to think they can start calling me all the time.
/ Normally i wouldn't mind covering for someone.....but the floral manager (only person over me) has been off for the past 4 days....i do not feel sorry for her- i have worked 7 days straight without a break - i need my day off ya know.
I make no appologies for it eithor. I'm a good employee- i show up when i'm scheduled and i do an excellent job.....but i also need time to myself on my days off and make no appologies for that you know