I tried a recipe from Cattitude!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did! I did! I tried a recipe from Cattitude! Has anyone else? Let's give credit where credit is due! What recipe did you try?

I needed a recipe for meatloaf.....I have tried several, and they were never anything to write home about. So I thought
Cattitude!
why didn't I think of that before?!

So I tried Fran's (Rapuzel47) recipe for "Yummy Meatloaf" that was her Grampa's recipe! It was absolutely delicious! It got my DH's smile & seal of approval! (instead of that "trying desperately to chew this garbage" look that I've gotten in the past...
) That will be my new now & forever meatloaf recipe! I am even having the left overs for lunch today!
So thanks again Fran! Your Grampa should be so proud!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Confusing title I guess
It was my Dad's recipe, Gryph is my RB boy who doted on Dad (and Dad on him -- but that's a different story). So glad you enjoyed this. Dad would be tickled.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just tried cookies so far. Piper's Purrfect Shortbread Cookies are to DIE for! I've found my forever Shortbread recipe there!!
I also made Moz' 3 Ingredient Cookies, and they are really good too.
One tip with those - you really need to let them set for a while or they are super messy to eat.
I froze mine to keep until Christmas time, and after that they weren't mess at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Confusing title I guess
It was my Dad's recipe, Gryph is my RB boy who doted on Dad (and Dad on him -- but that's a different story). So glad you enjoyed this. Dad would be tickled.
I am so sorry!
I thought it said Gryphon's Gramps Yummy Meatloaf....so I guess it was Gryphon's Gramps, but your dad....sorry Fran!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I tried Yosemite's chicken recipe (can't remember the name and don't have the pdf at work) but it is to die for!
mmmm, I'll have to try that one.....

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried the stuffed pepper soup from volume 2, and it was AWESOME!

A big
to the creator of that one.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I tried Yosemite's chicken recipe (can't remember the name and don't have the pdf at work) but it is to die for!
Mika's Cheesy Chicken breasts! That is a regular meal now at my house !

I also made Piper's perfect shortbread, and they were fantastic!
I will confess that I didn't notice that the oven was on the wrong setting for the first batch, and broiled them

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I will confess that I didn't notice that the oven was on the wrong setting for the first batch, and broiled them
Karen! You rock!
Thanks for that laugh! That was great, I needed it!

my embarassing cooking story: I am a great baker, especially chocolate chips....DH's friends all ask for them around the holidays & even in the summer
. So I was just making a batch for DH for no reason, and my butter was too hard, so I decided to microwave it quickly, forgetting that I had already put the eggs in the bowl....I had hard boiled egg pieces in with the butter! (I was doing 10 things at once) It was such a air headed move.....and DH still teases me about it. And I kept saying "WHAT is in this butter?!?!?!?!?!"

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Mmmmmmmmmm meatloaf
Natalie, you have to try that recipe! And it's all the ingredients you already have at home too....you don't have to make a special trip to the store!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Karen! You rock!
Thanks for that laugh! That was great, I needed it!

my embarassing cooking story: I am a great baker, especially chocolate chips....DH's friends all ask for them around the holidays & even in the summer
. So I was just making a batch for DH for no reason, and my butter was too hard, so I decided to microwave it quickly, forgetting that I had already put the eggs in the bowl....I had hard boiled egg pieces in with the butter! (I was doing 10 things at once) It was such a air headed move.....and DH still teases me about it. And I kept saying "WHAT is in this butter?!?!?!?!?!"
Oh I am so glad to see other people have Lucille Ball moments in the kitchen and not just me, my poor DH, good thing he has a sense of humor

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh I am so glad to see other people have Lucille Ball moments in the kitchen and not just me, my poor DH, good thing he has a sense of humor
Yeah, DH won't let me live that one down....and one time I tried to make papaya pancakes like we had in the islands that were so yummy. But I didn't realize, when you add fruit you have to decrease the other liquids.....I ended up with pancakes that were flat and didn't really "cook" much at all, they were soggy.....he wouldn't even eat them.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just throwing in my support for Mika's Cheesy Chicken.
It's been a standard in our house ever since Linda posted it in some food thread where someone was looking for new ways to do chicken, probably more than a year ago. She didn't post a name then, so I named it after her, and every time Rob sees the goop being concocted, he lights up and says "Yosemite Chicken! YES!" (It might have been dubbed Linda's Chicken, except that we have another friend, Lynda, who is also a fabulous cook, and that would have been confusing.)

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried another fabulous (and simple) recipe from Cattitude! It's Bella's Italian Chicken! It was SO GOOD! I mean so good! The chicken was so moist my DH didn't think it was cooked all the way!
And it called for everything I had in my cabinets, I didn't have to go out & buy anything extra....

It was just melted butter/garlic, and then bread crumbs & parm cheese, with a bit of parsley & pepper! How simple is that? My DH said is was "off the hook" I think that is construction worker slang for really fabulous.

PS, Helen, this will make a great comfort food too! It was so easy! I can do these for the kids for chicken fingers & bbq sauce!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're having a grand ol' time, aren't you!

A thought occurred to me the other night when Rob and I were talking about this. Could we, when we report on having tried a recipe, include in the report what other dishes we served with it? I know that I have habits around what I serve with a given dish, but I'd be interested in what others (who had no preconceived notions of what goes with a dish of mine) paired it with. There might be ideas there that never occurred to me...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Great idea Fran!

I have been adding garlic and some broccoli in Mika's Cheesy chicken, and serving it over rice

I was looking through the cookbook again last night and read Gaye's "Tonka's Crazy about Shrimpies Monterey". It was hysterical!!