care to take a drivers test?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got 2 wrong, the most slippery time on the highway one and the where to park when your tire deflates. I still don't get that one really though

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Park off the pavement (if there is room) becasue it gives you extra space to change the tire and keep the lookie-lous from running into you if they are watching you instead of the road. The road is slipperiest after a dry spell because oil is deposited for a long time and then it mixes with the rain and it takes longer to be washed off the road!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a 75%, but there were some questions where the right answer is the one I almost picked but doubted myself.

Oh well I still passed

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Park off the pavement (if there is room) becasue it gives you extra space to change the tire and keep the lookie-lous from running into you if they are watching you instead of the road. The road is slipperiest after a dry spell because oil is deposited for a long time and then it mixes with the rain and it takes longer to be washed off the road!
but I would have to have to use on jack on the ground, I guess that's not what I'm understanding. If I got a flat I would pull as far over on the berm as I could, but I would stay on the pavement

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

but I would have to have to use on jack on the ground, I guess that's not what I'm understanding. If I got a flat I would pull as far over on the berm as I could, but I would stay on the pavement
It gave you the choice of the right lane and Where your car will be visible for 200 feet from the front. Obviously people won't see you from the front, but the back.
Plus you don't want to park in the right lane, because then your blocking traffic.

There were a few questions/answers that I think got worded wrong. The correct answer for this is "To park on the shoulder"
I'm not sure if that's just a Michigan term, but shoulders are non-driving lanes that are either paved or unpaved.

Oh and I got 80%. Again, things were just worded wrong IMO

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got 85% which I think is really good and really surprised me, since:

a) I don't drive *
b) I am English (it got a bit confusing working out left/right turns and whether you'd be crossing another lane!)

ETA * Actually I realised that's not strictly true, I used to ride a scooter but it was a while ago now, although I did get 100% when I took the UK Driving Theory Test for real

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed one, when to use highbeams.
Probably because I've never driven anywhere where they were needed.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

It gave you the choice of the right lane and Where your car will be visible for 200 feet from the front. Obviously people won't see you from the front, but the back.
Plus you don't want to park in the right lane, because then your blocking traffic.

There were a few questions/answers that I think got worded wrong. The correct answer for this is "To park on the shoulder"
I'm not sure if that's just a Michigan term, but shoulders are non-driving lanes that are either paved or unpaved.

Oh and I got 80%. Again, things were just worded wrong IMO
yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, shoulder or berm, whatever you call it. I picked right lane because I thought that's what they meant
oh well, I passed and now I'm out on the road stopping in the right lane

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, shoulder or berm, whatever you call it. I picked right lane because I thought that's what they meant
oh well, I passed and now I'm out on the road stopping in the right lane
Oh great!! That is like the people I see on the highway on the shoulder on the left stopped with flashers on. Accidents waiting to happen!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Oh great!! That is like the people I see on the highway on the shoulder on the left stopped with flashers on. Accidents waiting to happen!!
I would only be on the right, I swear!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm - 95%, so I guess it's still "safe" for me to drive in the U.S.. Does anybody actually wait till all cars have passed before making a left-hand turn? Suppose the next car is a block away?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Hmmm - 95%, so I guess it's still "safe" for me to drive in the U.S.. Does anybody actually wait till all cars have passed before making a left-hand turn? Suppose the next car is a block away?
no, but I figured that was the "correct" answer though

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got the flat tire question wrong, too. If a shoulder had been mentioned, I would have chosen that, but the wording was really odd on that one. I also got the rain one wrong by second guessing my first inclination. Still, I got 90% which is well above passing. Considering how long it's been since I took a driver's test, that's not bad.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got 85%, so I would have at least passed. I got the tire changing question wrong, too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a 90%. I got the one about high beam lights and parking on a hill. We don't have hills where I live so I'm not familiar with that rule.