Ya'll need a Magic Bullet

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Seriously, these things are really cool.

It started out as a joke. I always make fun of those commercials .... and I think I said something like, "I have GOT to have me one of those". I'm kidding, right. So naturally DH runs out and buys me one for Christmas.

It makes the BEST cat food. Bullseye, who is slowly making his way to the bridge, (although not slowly enough) seems to really like the meats I've been whipping up for him in it. Just throw in some meat, fat, broth...tada! Fast, super easy to clean, takes up hardly any space. I give it an A.

I haven't tried alot of things yet, but it does seem to work exactly as advertised, which most products hardly ever do. So if anyone else has one, what should I try next??!

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I admit to watching that infomercial way too many times and trying to imagine what must be going through the actorsâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] and actressesâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] heads when they are told to be excited and amazed about a blender.
My husband wanted to order it since his coworker has one and likes it (and the cats broke our real blender
), but I never even thought about making cat food in it!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me and the bf laugh at that infomercial every time we see it, which is often. It seems to air all the time. What I really like watching is that little grill thingy w/ 2 pockets......anyone know what I mean? They make such interesting looking foods with it. My favourite is the cake with a chocolate bar jammed in the middle LOL.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a magic bullet and it was a piece of junk. It didn't do any of the jobs that it said it did. I couldn't get it to crush ice or anything. I tried making the cheese sauce and it didnt work at all. I returned it and told them it sucked and I wanted my money back and they said ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Who needs cheese sauce when you can make cat food?!

So far I've tried a few drinks of the alcoholic nature, milkshakes and mainly meats mixed with liquids. I like hollering "One! Two! Three!" when I tap the top.

I want to try salsa and grinding coffee beans on my next day off.

Cheese sauce? Let me guess, cheese, milk, microwave, then "One, Two, Three?" Maybe you needed to yell "Four, Five, Six"

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

Seriously, these things are really cool.

It started out as a joke. I always make fun of those commercials .... and I think I said something like, "I have GOT to have me one of those". I'm kidding, right. So naturally DH runs out and buys me one for Christmas.

It makes the BEST cat food. Bullseye, who is slowly making his way to the bridge, (although not slowly enough) seems to really like the meats I've been whipping up for him in it. Just throw in some meat, fat, broth...tada! Fast, super easy to clean, takes up hardly any space. I give it an A.

I haven't tried alot of things yet, but it does seem to work exactly as advertised, which most products hardly ever do. So if anyone else has one, what should I try next??!
I have had one for a couple of months. It doesn't crush ice as well as advertised but it makes a great milkshake. I have tried to make the salsa from the recipe book but it comes out all soupy. So I give it a C-

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! My future in-laws got me one for Christmas (actually, every couple of that side of the family received a Magic Bullet), and when I opened it, half of them acted out the infomercial! "But wait, there's more!" J's mother even taped the infomercial so that we can watch it.

Seriously, my future in-laws are obsessed with infomercials and bizarre kitchen gadgets. I like kitchen gadgets, too, but a lot of the things they buy are things that are very specific to one purpose, that wouldn't get a lot of use outside of that one specific thing. Or they buy things that duplicate processes I can already do quickly and easily just by using the stuff I already have. Like the Pasta Express: how much more difficult is it just to cook pasta in a pot and drain it? Honestly?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well you guys are right about it's ice crushing capabilities. I tried it this morning and there were still big hunks of ice in there. I even read the directions. (duh, let's see...ice cubes, screw on the top, one, two...) When I continued pulsing I ended up with what looked like snow. (which BTW it's doing here right now)

Tomorrow I'll clean out the fridge and experiment some more.

"But wait, there's more!"
Yeah, infomercials are like a car accident. For some reason you just gotta look.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a Magic Bullet for Christmas too. So far, all I used it for is whipping up coffee drinks, like latte's and such. It does do a good job at that at least. I might just do some experimenting too. We can all compare results later

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my best friends mom has one and she loves it! i will definitely register for one if i ever get married

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got one for Christmas and I Looooooovveeee it! It makes THE BEST scrambled eggs
I use it for everything, it makes really good coffee drinks and shakes/malts!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

i really like mine, too. makes good slushies/milkshakes. i think it does better on the ice if you start with smaller pieces - it didn't do much with full-size cubes, but works really well when i use the 'crushed' ice from my icebox dispenser [now that i have one of those cool iceboxes with ice/water dispenser in the door]. i don't think it does well on veggies, either - it says it'll slice things, but it really just makes them soup. i haven't tried eggs, but i'd think it'd do a good job on them, too. as long as you want something mixed thoroughly, it should do the job.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend has one of those. We use it to make milkshakes and smoothies. Works great for that. I haven't really tried anything else with it though.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my ex's mom got me one for xmas last year and I've used it a ton of times but mostly just for frozen drinks. It does well with ice but only if liquid is included (ie like an iced coffee drink). I tried to make an omelet once and it was hilarious. Turned into this big foamy mess, but it was still mmmm good
I've been wanting to attempt the salsa but never seem to have any fresh veggies around. I really like it though

But the best part about the bullet is the infomercial. I love it!