Two Dogs?? You gotta be kidding me???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...some of you may remember me recently mentioning that Colin and I might adopt one of his friends dogs. His friend,a fellow cop, has rescued several dogs recently....and has about 8 now. He takes wonderful care of them and all of that....but two of the dogs he is currently trying to rehome. I thought it was just one
Well tonight Colin came home and said "well, he's stopping by the house this weekend and brining the dogs to see how they get along with fosters"...I was like "uhh...dogs? As in plural?" And he said yeah- two dogs
Two? I had no clue he was bringing two
I love dogs and all so i'm hoping this works out. I don't know much about them- both are males, one is supposedly very playful, and one is very timid/sweet. One is a white germanshepherd dog mix. and the other i'm not sure about?
I'm hoping it all works out. We're just gonna see how they react around Fosters and what fosters thinks of them. If they don't get along- we won't adopt them. Fosters was here first and we want to make sure we give him the best possible home and he feels comfortable here. I'm not sure how these two dogs react around smaller animals -so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are ok around rabbits and cats. If not, we'll try to work with them on that. If it's not doable...it's a deal braker because my kitties and bunny were here first like Fosters
Could we get some ((((good doggie)))vibes please? 3 dogs? Man! That should be interesting
It's already a zoo around here
The more the merrier right???
I'm hoping we are able to give them a lovely forever home and add to our little furry family.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope it works out ... I am not a fan of mulitple large male dogs together ... but some have got it to work

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooo! That's a lot of doo doo!

You 2 are good furbaby parents so if you feel it's best, I'm sure you will have a happy bigger fur family!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

You 2 are good furbaby parents so if you feel it's best, I'm sure you will have a happy bigger fur family!
LOL, alot of doo doo??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I hope it works out ... I am not a fan of mulitple large male dogs together ... but some have got it to work
Well....I prefer large dogs. (I don't like small yappy ones...bad experiences
) I have a huge wolf/ germanshepherd/elkhound mix that's 11 at my house (Ginger) and Fosters is a collie/australian shepherd mix. / So knowing that one of the dogs is a germanshepherd mix puts me at ease a bit because i have a good amount of experience with that particular breed..../ Also- Fosters is neutered and I believe the other two are as welll.....if not, that will be arranged asap
I absolutely will not have a fully entact animal in my house- that's would be irresponsible on my part. All of my animals are altared (even my rabbit....geesh....did you know it costs a small fortune to spay a rabbit
- no low cost spay/neuter offers for them
) So neutering will help as far as marking and aggression goes
I'm just hoping they're not aggressive towards smaller animals- if they are, we will not adopt them. We're also gonna just watch Fosters and see what he thinks about everything. If he's not happy- we won't do it. But who knows- he might like a friend
We'll see!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No kidding! But here's the thing- we trained Fosters to use the "dog run" section of the backyard ( we have a part of the yard just for him
/ So if we do adopt the other dogs, we'll train them to use that part of the yard as well
/ And since they use just one part of the yard- it's easier for Colin to scoop...hehe, notice i said Colin
I get the litter pans and he gets the dog stuff

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

LOL, alot of doo doo??
No kidding!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So........any name suggestions???

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to see pics to help with names or at least know what mix it was... My male issues true were one fixed ( mine) and the neighbors not fixed ... My Joey also didnt like males his size or bigger ( not a hard thing since he was 125lbs
)

wanna see a vets face when you ask to get your turtle fixed??? I was only eight

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they work out for you guys!

here are some male dog names you might like
some of them have some awkward meanings.

from this site..

Hispanic & Spanish names :

Caballero - A Spanish horseman.

Pedro - Spanish - Rock.

Renaldo - Spanish - Mighty force.

African & Arabic names :

Congo - A large river in Africa

Gazelle - A great name for the boy dog that's very fast and graceful.

American & Canadian :

Albert - A very fat and lovable cartoon character. The perfect name for your fat and lovable boy dog. (this is the name of the lady who runs the shelter where I volunteer's dog.. he's not fat but he is lovable!
)

Berkley - "I'm the most liberal dog on the block."

Bogart, Bogey - This boy dog has a scruffy sort of charm.

Capone - "I own Chicago."

Casey - The brave engineer who couldn't slow down

Cosmo - "My friends usually call me Kramer."

Dallas - A large city in Texas, USA. (ya think?
)

Gumby - This boy dog is long and skinny.

Kodiak or Kodi - Kodiak is an island and city in the state of Alaska, USA. It was settled in the late 18th century. This name was submitted by Ed and his German Shepherd - Kodi.

Rebel - "Obedience is for the birds."

Shasta - "I get a kick out of romping in the mountains."

Smokey - This boy dog likes to ride 'shotgun' in the police cruiser

I just named some I like and thought you might like here's the site if you want to look at it for ideas.

http://pets.htmlplanet.com/male-dog-names.html

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I will take pictures as soon as i see them! I have no clue what they look like.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I will take pictures as soon as i see them! I have no clue what they look like.
I'd hazard a guess they have 4 legs, a tail, a head, 2 ears, & a body. Then again, you never know!
I hope everything works out, you two would give those dogs an awesome home!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'd hazard a guess they have 4 legs, a tail, a head, 2 ears, & a body. Then again, you never know!
Natalie
You are good

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I personally think that 2 dogs are better than 1. Just like cats, they keep each company, have someone that speaks their own language. Borrow a soft muzzle if you can find one during introductions. If these dogs have not been around cats or other small critters before, you want to be safe to start. It may sound cruel, but it would be far worse if they reacted badly to them.

At our peak, we had 5 big dogs (50 to 95 pounds) and 16 cats. It's good entertainment! It's weird to admit that we are down to 2 large dogs and 13 cats.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

One is a white germanshepherd dog mix.
My co-worker has a white german shepard named.......

R U ready for this......

drum roll........

Shep.

He is a sweet doll! Rather timid but just darling! Kinda makes me want one....but all that white hair!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

lol...i'd venture to assume that too

Originally Posted by Momofmany

I personally think that 2 dogs are better than 1. Just like cats, they keep each company, have someone that speaks their own language. Borrow a soft muzzle if you can find one during introductions. If these dogs have not been around cats or other small critters before, you want to be safe to start. It may sound cruel, but it would be far worse if they reacted badly to them.

At our peak, we had 5 big dogs (50 to 95 pounds) and 16 cats. It's good entertainment! It's weird to admit that we are down to 2 large dogs and 13 cats.
lol...well..it's not two dogs- it'd be 3....we already have Fosters. So at some point- it'd be 3 dogs, 3 cats (abilene will stay with my mom
as will my wolf mix Ginger) and a bunny....not to mention the fishies. The thing is-i'm likely going to be the one carring for all of them..and right now i'm just not sure 3 dogs is a good number for us- but we'll see
I'm just gonna see how it goes with the meeting and all
Hopefully the other two pups are really sweet and good around kittes

R U ready for this......

drum roll........

Shep.

He is a sweet doll! Rather timid but just darling! Kinda makes me want one....but all that white hair!
Very orgigional
/ hehe, i'm not worried about fur- i have animals of every differnt color i swear! no matter what you wear- fur shows up. hehe, gotta love lint rollers and vaccume cleaners

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

R U ready for this......

drum roll........

Shep.

Hey - I had a cat named Shep!

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The first thing that came to mind is: At least you are going to be dealing with all male dogs, instead of females. Consider yourself lucky. Male dogs usually squabble less (if they are neutered). Females tend to be...well bitchy, and once they fight they can really hold a grudge.

It shouldnt be too hard to live with these boys. I would keep a muzzle on them for the first few days just so you know how theyll react with the kitties.

But one thing: Life will be OK! We had 2 male fosters at the same time, 3 females (one ours and 2 fosters) and we lived! LOL

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JulieKit

The first thing that came to mind is: At least you are going to be dealing with all male dogs, instead of females. Consider yourself lucky. Male dogs usually squabble less (if they are neutered). Females tend to be...well bitchy, and once they fight they can really hold a grudge.

It shouldnt be too hard to live with these boys. I would keep a muzzle on them for the first few days just so you know how theyll react with the kitties.

But one thing: Life will be OK! We had 2 male fosters at the same time, 3 females (one ours and 2 fosters) and we lived! LOL
Thanks for the advice!

I talked to Colin this morning about it and kinda hinted that 3 dogs seemed like a bit much at this point in time. (considering i'd be the one likely caring for them). So we decided that we will look at both of the new dogs and choose the one that Fosters bonds with best. (and who knows, we might change our minds and adopt both of them) but for right now, i'm thinking two sounds better than 3. I feel as though i can handle one more dog...but anything past two right now would be a little hard on me. But who knows- i may change my mind and keep both of the new ones
(that tends to happen when is see a cute fluffy face in need of a home
) As far as I know, Arlyn, our friend, is bringing over the dogs at some point tomorrow! Wish us luck! I'm excited
Hopefully we will be able to give a sweet needy pup a wonderful new home and Fosters will have a lovely little brother
I'm hoping it all works out- maybe i will change my mind and we'll adopt both of them
We'll see! I'll post pictures! And if it doesn't work out with these two- there is a little greyhound girl with one of the rescuesI would LOVE to adopt!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping that everything goes ok with the two dogs, and from reading what you said, I think you would get both of the dogs, you sound like a softie

Keep us posted on what happens.