Does your DH/SO wear a suit?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of us with DH/SO/boyfriends, does yours gripe everytime he has to wear a suit? Does he even own a suit? When I met Jerry, he didn't own one. He had a suit coat that was 2 sizes too small for him.
Well, when his aunt died and he was asked to be a pall bearer, he wanted to go get a suit. Since then, I think it's been work like maybe 6-7 times..........weddings, funerals and a business luncheon/meeting. When I suggest him wearing it any other place, he says no way........
I personally like a guy once in a while when he dresses up.........but you'd think I was asking him to tear off his arm or something............
Men!

The whole reason I brought this up is because Jerry saw they were having suits on sale, and he suggested getting a new one! At over $250's, I just can't see it...........

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ian has, I think, 4 suits in his possession. You will rarely ever see him wearing anything less than a jacket, button down, tie and jeans (or a nice sweater). So, yeah, he wears a suit pretty often. The kid is better dressed than I am! But his classy duds are part of what makes him so easy on the eyes

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Colin was in the navy for 8 years and then went straight into the police force...i'm used to seeing him in uniform. OMG and there's NOTHING hotter than a Naval Lt.'s dress uniform
!!!! Welll.....that aside, i had never seen him in a suite until this summer at his brothers wedding. (He always wears a uniform to work so he doesn't dress up much- but still dresses nice.) Oh man... i had some inappropiate thoughts going through my head the whole time he wore the tux
/ There is nothing more handsome or sexy than a man in a tux!!!!
Colin looks soo handsome dressed up
He doesn't really complaine about it eithor.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should mention that. Tristan did have the pants and jacket second hand or on sale at Kmart, and he wanted to get a proper one. I'd never been suit shopping before and last week i helped him pick his first one out! He was a happy boy

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat's got two suits in two different sizes...which one fits him depends on what weight he's at at the time. He's usually not TOO bad about wearing it when he absolutely, positively can't get out of it.

Our issue is with the dress shirts. Every time he has to get dressed up we have to go through the process of hunting down a reasonably unstained one. You'd think he'd put one or two aside for special occasions, but no way. When he runs out of clean work shirts, he'll put on a dress shirt...and then gets it stained. Of course, he never thinks about what he'll wear until he's actually getting dressed so we always end up running around at the last minute trying to get a stain out of a shirt and get it ironed. I finally outsmarted him, though. During the after-Christmas sales I bought two wrinkle-free dress shirts on clearance and I've hidden them. They'll be my secret until we get into last minute shirt panic mode. (Now let's just hope they fit him when the moment actually rolls around.)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jim's Mother (RIP) before she passed use to buy Jim suits ALL OF THE TIME! He's Greek so there is always some social function at the church that requires him to wear a suit. He has 2 closets FULL of suits.

He can also Greek dance with a glass on top of his head going all the way to the floor in a suit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Jim's Mother (RIP) before she passed use to buy Jim suits ALL OF THE TIME! He's Greek so there is always some social function at the church that requires him to wear a suit. He has 2 closets FULL of suits.

He can also Greek dance with a glass on top of his head going all the way to the floor in a suit.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh Pam I want to see that!!!

And yes my DH always dresses up in suits when he is supposed to with no complaints

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
David owns two suits - his "new" one that I bought him about 3 or 4 years ago that he has worn exactly once and his "old" one that probably doesn't even fit him anymore! He hates getting dressed up or wearing suits - would rather get a tooth pulled. I'm just the opposite - I love getting dressed up!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dave has a number of suits from his late Dad (who was a minister and looked odd in anything besides a suit) but we don't have occasion to play dress up very often. He does clean up purty when we do, though.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The day Lance wears a suit is the day he dies and I make the funeral home dress him in one... lol. Seriously. Jeans and a tye dye shirt is what he's comfortable in. He will NOT wear anything else but jeans and a T. And he always cuts the sleeves off.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brian owns one nice suit and one tux. We pack one or the other when we go on a trip in case we want to go somewhere "nice". He doesn't complain. I actually think he likes dressing up.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nate bought a suit for our wedding, but when we turned up to the ceremony I still had to get him to remove his baseball cap for the duration - actually that made it really memorable because he threw his cap into the crowd as if it were the bride's bouquet, people remember that and laugh about it, and I wouldn't change that memory for anything

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH owns a suit because when he graduated college he needed to find a job. Well, that was only two years ago, so he still has a NICE suit, that he rarely wears. He prefers slacks, dress shirt and tie to a full suit. Last time he was all gussied up was for our wedding in October.
He sure was a site for sore eyes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DH has 3 suits. I don't think any have been worn in a while though. It's just not required for his job, our church is casual, and we don't have that many events to go to! He looks pretty good in em too!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL it takes a wedding or funeral and some fast talking/sturdy ropes to get Jeremy into his suit, which is too bad, because he is dead sexy in his navy pinstriped double breasted suit.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol Yea, both me and itta need to dress up every day.
I hate it with a passion. i sometimes forget and show up in jeans lol.
she loves it

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YUM SUITS!!

Where i work there are all these high companies around me so i see men in Suits every day.. but I each time i see ma partner in a suit its more like

But too bad i dont have a partner right now
i get to perve at the men at the trainstation!