TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Should I get this car?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I get this car?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Alright the time has come for me to get a car. Not a brand new car but a new to me car (aka used). Its either a 98 or 99 Malibu (I looked at so many today the years escape me) LS. Decked out new rims, new tires, cd player and cassette player, interior in mint cond., body and paint in excellent cond. plus there is more but can't list them all. Price is 2,300. I know the dealer we bought our 2001 Blazer from this guy. And he is a nice guy does any work on the car that needs to be done before selling it. Gets a tune up done on it all that stuff. Its a dark forest green color. Called the guy today and he said its a smooth ride, no loud road noise, cold a/c, all that good stuff. I am gonna test drive it Thursday to see if me and the hubby like it. If so we are going to put 100.00 deposit on it and pay the rest off next Wednesday.

I have done online reviews on this car and it seems to not be to bad. And he is selling it at what KBB says its worth. Everything I read says its good on gas as well. And thats a must for me because I do a lot of driving everywhere.

So what do you all think? Good bad what?
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Alright the time has come for me to get a car. Not a brand new car but a new to me car (aka used). Its either a 98 or 99 Malibu (I looked at so many today the years escape me) LS. Decked out new rims, new tires, cd player and cassette player, interior in mint cond., body and paint in excellent cond. plus there is more but can't list them all. Price is 2,300. I know the dealer we bought our 2001 Blazer from this guy. And he is a nice guy does any work on the car that needs to be done before selling it. Gets a tune up done on it all that stuff. Its a dark forest green color. Called the guy today and he said its a smooth ride, no loud road noise, cold a/c, all that good stuff. I am gonna test drive it Thursday to see if me and the hubby like it. If so we are going to put 100.00 deposit on it and pay the rest off next Wednesday.

I have done online reviews on this car and it seems to not be to bad. And he is selling it at what KBB says its worth. Everything I read says its good on gas as well. And thats a must for me because I do a lot of driving everywhere.

So what do you all think? Good bad what?
It sounds like a great deal/I love the Mailbu's! I also love green cars.
post #3 of 11
After ya'll make the downpayment, are ya'll planning on paying it off in full?
post #4 of 11
Nah..get a honda The malibu with die in no time
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
After ya'll make the downpayment, are ya'll planning on paying it off in full?
yes yes yes. We'll do the 100.00 deposit to hold the car till Wednesday. On Wednesday we would go in and pay the rest of the price and drive it home.

One thing we don't do is make payments on cars. If we can not pay in full when we want it we don't get it.
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
yes yes yes. We'll do the 100.00 deposit to hold the car till Wednesday. On Wednesday we would go in and pay the rest of the price and drive it home.

One thing we don't do is make payments on cars. If we can not pay in full when we want it we don't get it.
Well...that's good- that will cut out interest and long drawn out payments..../ just be 100% sure before you give the guy your money. Will you and your hubby take out any sort of warrenty?
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
As most used car lots I have been to most are sold "as is" and thats the case here. I have bought a Blazer from this guy last year (runs great btw) and he told us anything that was wrong with it or any work he had done prior to selling the car to us. So I am confident in the sale for the most part.
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
As most used car lots I have been to most are sold "as is" and thats the case here. I have bought a Blazer from this guy last year (runs great btw) and he told us anything that was wrong with it or any work he had done prior to selling the car to us. So I am confident in the sale for the most part.
Sounds decient. I'd still be a little leary of buying it in full without any type of warrenty though...could you maybe try and get a 6 month one just to make sure it's not a lemon first before you invest your money into it?
post #9 of 11
Have to admit I'm partial to Subaru's (if you research it and get one of their better years)...since my last "had to have a car NOW" purchase was of a grand old Legacy that is still going strong at over 164,000 miles w/such a great body/design/paint, one would never guess she is now 17 years old!
When we were researching for a new used truck this past December, we found that Toyota Tacoma's (1999-2005) were very well rated, much better than the Chevy s-10 my dh had and wanted another of.

I LOVE all the research you can do online for used or new cars, best models/years, appropriate prices.

I agree with those who are recommending if possible that you get some kind of warranty (another reason we were looking for a used Toyota, they have a certified used program with a warranty)
post #10 of 11
Malibus are decent cars...where else do you get a fuel efficient V6 engine???

I had a 2001 and the car mileage was great for a V6.
post #11 of 11
I have a 2000 Malibu I say go for it. I havnt had any trouble with this car. Ive had it a year. Plus the price is pretty good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Should I get this car?