Well, I am officialy looking for a new job

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, my boss told us today that he is changing the structure of our pay. We are salespeople, and he is now going to be taking away a bonus he has been giving us because now he wants us to EARN it more..

He has been giving us an extra bonus every month in good faith that we will reach our goals. We have been getting commission as well, and now he is taking that away as well, and only giving it to us quarterly IF the office reaches the goals set out.

So, essentially, I have been here 2 years, and have done WAY better this year than last..and my pay is going DOWN

I am so :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: mad, I don't even know what to do..I seriously am looking for a new job

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, I am so sorry. These times are bad ones to be out of a job. Do you have enough to cover for food for yourself and your baby?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy Cow! That stinks!

The last office I worked in was a sales office and they cut people just to keep the commission and bonuses for the sales people.

Good luck with your new job search!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie, that's awful! When are bosses gonna learn you can't take and take from your employees and still have good hardworkign people that are willing to work there?

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry.
I don't blame you for being upset I would be too.
That just stinks you work your butt off and now he's taking it away.
I know when I used to work outside the home it always seemed like it was the little guy..the ones who actually do the work...who always got the shaft and the head honchos who sit on their butts all day long and do nothing but make up stupid rules and regulations are the ones who get all the rewards.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Is this the place that wanted you to see a life coach?
Yup. Its not just me though. All 5 women in my office are seeing the life coach..and this new pay stucture is for everyone too. He tells me not to worry and to trust him...He must know I am so out of here if my pay goes down 1 stinking dollar.

I am just livid, I am going now to the gym to workout my aggression

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't blame you for looking for another job! If my boss did that I'd get myself fired by telling him what I think! IMO, that's a load of bull-hooey!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

He tells me not to worry and to trust him....
Thats my FORMER boss told me when they were closing our business and he was supposed to take me with him to his new shop. "Just trust me, I'll make sure you have a job..."

Ok Mr., look where I am now!

I'd look for another job, Natalie!
Good luck!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That really sucks. Why must they continually find new ways to 'dangle carrots'? We're not dumb dogs! (Even dogs are smarter than that! Mine will knock me down for their treats after a minute!)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go work off some of that rage gorgeous! You'll feel a little better after your workout
I'm soo sorry this baffoon is doing this to you! I had my suspecions the other day when you mentioned the "life coach"...it just sounded fishy to me. I'm soo sorry this is happening. The best thing you can do right now is try to stay calm and collected (probably the last thing you wanna do
) Keep a level head and get your resume together as well as your references....then, if you don't have a day off during the week, take a sick or personal day (if you have one- if not, **cough,cough get the 24 hour bug
**) and go and put in your resume at different places. Also, it might not be something you're thinking of- but you did mention missing home a while back and thinking of going back....maybe put in some resumes in your home town too....just see where things lead you
You'll find your way!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Natalie! You are a strong, motivated, ambitious and capable young woman. Its just a job, a job you will be able to find another. And you will!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What upsetting news- good luck with looking for a new job, just remember that if they are going to treat you like this now then it can only get worse in the future unfortunately

((((((Natalie))))))

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Natalie - that's really awful! Yes, I'd probably be looking for a new job too, but definitely wouldn't quit there until I had something definite lined up. As well, don't burn any bridges there because you will need your boss as a reference!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Oh Natalie - that's really awful! Yes, I'd probably be looking for a new job too, but definitely wouldn't quit there until I had something definite lined up. As well, don't burn any bridges there because you will need your boss as a reference!
Nah, I can't afford to quit until I find something else. The good thing is, I am licensed, so I should be able to find any insurance job..Problem is, I know my boss pays more than most firms in London

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

this new pay stucture is for everyone too. He tells me not to worry and to trust him...He must know I am so out of here if my pay goes down 1 stinking dollar.
Man, that stinks!

Does this new pay structure also affect his bottom line? I sure hope it does because it doesn't sound right to me that you are dropping in pay.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Man, that stinks!

Does this new pay structure also affect his bottom line? I sure hope it does because it doesn't sound right to me that you are dropping in pay.
Well he kept saying how we all got increases in salary, but he didn't...BUT this is because he hired 2 more people, so of course some of his bottom line would go to that...DUH!!