Our Darling Gizmo

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Darling Gizmo went to Kitty Heaven today, January 9th 2007. He will be terribly missed...he was our child, our sunshine, our joy, our little glutton and he will always have a special place in our hearts.

Darling Giz

Seeing you ill for the past two days has been heart breaking..we knew we were losing you and could not see you in pain any more... Just two nights ago you took your usual place in our bed, your head on the pillow to sleep in your usual half cat, half human way, to enjoy cuddles with mummy and daddy. That was the last time you -our Gizzy, Our Gizbags, Our Nizmo - were your usual happy self.

Thank you for the 7 years of joy, love and laughter you have brought to us. We knew you were special when we saw you at the cat rescue home at the age of 3. You have been like a son to us in times of joy....and a parent to us in times of sadness.

You were a shining example to Tinkerbelle and the other kittens who will miss you. And what cat can say he had his own harem of female cats who adored him? Tinkerbelle, Olivia and Amelia would simply adore your attention, as we did. We will all miss you.

Daddy says 'acknowledgement pat to the Giz' and I, your mummy who will adore you forever, say 'Rest In Peace my sweet boy...enjoy chasing the rabbits in Kitty heaven...I know you are with God'.

We love you Gizmo. Our beautiful boy. RIP.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Sweet Gizmo. Handsome fella, all the girls at the Bridge will be waiting for you. Tell a pretty little dilute tabby named Cheeka hullo from me, she'll probably give you a nice headbutt.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ohmy what a handsome boy you are Gizmo

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to say goodbye to a loved one but in time you will cherish the good times you all shared and laugh at his antics. I have no doubt that there is a big hole in your life right now and my heart aches for you.

RIP sweet Gizmo, chase those rabbits and rest well. When you have time watch over those that love & miss you so very much. You will meet again.

I will light a candle to help guide you home

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Gizmo, you beautiful boy, look over your Mommy and Daddy and know they are missing you so deeply. Rest in Peace until you are joined again with your family

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many sad headbuts and very sorry licks from KittenKiya's Clan. Gizmo was just beautiful.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Gizmo. He was so happy with you and sounds like such a wonderful boy. I believe we have to cherish whatever time we have with our cats--and our human friends-and never take it for granted.
Condolences from both of us.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet Gizmo! Rest in peace, Gizmo! And play happily over the bridge!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a handsome boy Gizmo is
he´ll certainly be wow-ing some of the girlies over the Bridge ! and of course, having fun chasing the bunnies

RIP Gizmo, have fun and the love from below will be there forever

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gizmo what a gorgeous little boy you are!

Play happily over at Rainbow Bridge Gizmo, and i'm sure by now all the other TCS rainbow kitties have made you their firm friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words.

I feel bad for Tinkerbelle. She is pining for Gizmo...Pacing around, meowing and growling at the other kittens. Gizmo was her sugar daddy, her best friend. He is the only cat she would let near her. I don't think she realises he has gone. She was not here when we brought Gizmo home and buried him. The other cats seemed to say 'goodbye' in their own way. But the most important to Gizmo, Tinkerbelle, wasn't there. She got out the house and was no where to be found until later that night. She came home, went to sleep and ever since she woke up today, she has been looking out for her Gizmo. Gizmo had the habit of eating his food and then eating her left overs (I know..bad habit..but that was our Gizmo..and me having a big soft spot for him). Anyway, today she left a tiny bit of food in her bowl and it was as if she was looking around for Gizmo to come finish it up. I couldn't help but think how amazing cats are as a tear came to my eye.

Sorry if this is a silly question - but how have your cats coped with the loss of their best cat friend? Do they just get on with things?

We miss you darling Gizzy. Please watch over us and your brothers and sisters who adored you. Thank you for being the most loving cat.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry if this is a silly question - but how have your cats coped with the loss of their best cat friend? Do they just get on with things?

Minxie, this is not a silly question, We lost our alpha cat
Bella
in September and she has siblings: Sophia, and Severino and Joey, Sophia took it the hardest she was with Bella the longest and they were closer than the boys, she was very obviously depressed, we had to treat her with Rescue remedy to help her. Severino chased Sophia for weeks after Bella died, he was taking over as the Alpha cat. Joey is indoor/outdoor so he really wasn't affected.There is no question it's an adjustment for the ones left behind, besides they saw us so upset, they knew it wasn't right. To this day no-one will get on the bed near my pillow because that was
Bella's
spot, and they respect that.

Eventually I hope your kitties adjust, it's a known fact that they will mourn. Best of luck, and again I am so sorry you lost your baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Bella713 for your reply to my query ...my condolonces for your loss of Bella. RIP Bella. Is Sophia ok now?

I will look up the 'Rescue remedy' you mentioned in the event that its needed for Tinkerbelle. I'll get some feliway refills I think tomorrow. Interesting you mention the alpha cat issue, it looks like little Boris is already training up for that role.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

Thanks Bella713 for your reply to my query ...my condolonces for your loss of Bella. RIP Bella. Is Sophia ok now?

I will look up the 'Rescue remedy' you mentioned in the event that its needed for Tinkerbelle. I'll get some feliway refills I think tomorrow. Interesting you mention the alpha cat issue, it looks like little Boris is already training up for that role.
Sophia is better I think, but when I talk to her and mention
Bella
she closes her eyes everytime I say her name, it's really sweet. I'm sure Soph misses her because
Bella
protected her from the boys, she always Bopped them on the head, Sophia doesn't do that and they torture her now, they never did when
Bella
was around.