TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ewwww Smudge, that's GROSS!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ewwww Smudge, that's GROSS!!!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
We were in bed this morning, and from outside the door we heard the sound of a cat about to throw up. I was pretty sure it was Stumpy - she's the only one who barfs. We heard her throw up, so we sighed and DH got up first and I heard "Ewwwww Smudge, don't eat it!!!!!!"

So I got up as well, and sure enough, Smudge was tucking into the barf.

I tried to hold her back while DH went to get paper towels to clean it up, and she was fighting me to get to it!!! She was squirming and struggling doing everything she could to get past me.

Even after we'd cleaned it, she was licking the spot, then she lay down with her paws over the spot and her head on her paws.

How gross is that?????
post #2 of 15
That sooo grosses me out too.. Ugggggghhhh,, Seren eats that sometimes.. Or Chessy.. Angel is way to finiky to do that...

What is really gross is we have 2 rottweilers, and one of them we had fostered, and then grew to love her so we kept her,, well she is positive for heartworm, so we can't get her fixed until all that treatment is done.. She is in heat... I've never ever had a animal in heat ever,, because we'll i fix them all.. I'm a good petmommy... Anyways,,, my other dog, Sheba decides she is gonna lick where polly is bledding.. I about thought I was gonna get sick.. it was soooooo gross.. I ended up putting my daughter pull ups on Polly because she kept bleeding,, and though it didnt' amount to much,, I was soo grossed out,, I couldn't handle Sheba doing that anymore..

Isn't that gross...
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkitty View Post
That sooo grosses me out too.. Ugggggghhhh,, Seren eats that sometimes.. Or Chessy.. Angel is way to finiky to do that...

What is really gross is we have 2 rottweilers, and one of them we had fostered, and then grew to love her so we kept her,, well she is positive for heartworm, so we can't get her fixed until all that treatment is done.. She is in heat... I've never ever had a animal in heat ever,, because we'll i fix them all.. I'm a good petmommy... Anyways,,, my other dog, Sheba decides she is gonna lick where polly is bledding.. I about thought I was gonna get sick.. it was soooooo gross.. I ended up putting my daughter pull ups on Polly because she kept bleeding,, and though it didnt' amount to much,, I was soo grossed out,, I couldn't handle Sheba doing that anymore..

Isn't that gross...
Hahaahaah ewwwwwwww yep that is gross!!!!! When I worked in the UK, my boss did that with her dog. In hindsight, she had a male and female dog - both unfixed, I have no idea why she didn't just spay and neuter them.... But anyway - she put nappies on them as well.
post #4 of 15
Jake does that too! If Tiger Jake's the first one there!
post #5 of 15
that is soooo gross!
post #6 of 15
Maybe it's a little black kitty thing? Mojo did that too with Trent's "oop", and Trent gets hairballs no matter what we do. Guess we have to be a little more vigilant now. Nothing like trying to race a kitten to the icky stuff!
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
Maybe it's a little black kitty thing? Mojo did that too with Trent's "oop", and Trent gets hairballs no matter what we do. Guess we have to be a little more vigilant now. Nothing like trying to race a kitten to the icky stuff!
I'm glad Smudge isn't the only gross kitty around!!!
post #8 of 15
that's nasty! Miagi and Tiger don't do that, but my dogs do that. I tell them not to kiss me for a day. but I usually stop them before they end up eating their own puke.
post #9 of 15
I think dogs love all of the gross nasty stuff. My Rainbow Bridge German Shepherd used to go to the cat box and eat a morsel, if there was one in there. Then she'd come up to me, all happy and slobbery with the smell of "morsel" on her breath, and want to lick my face. Gross!!!
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Hahaahaah ewwwwwwww yep that is gross!!!!! When I worked in the UK, my boss did that with her dog. In hindsight, she had a male and female dog - both unfixed, I have no idea why she didn't just spay and neuter them.... But anyway - she put nappies on them as well.
Your boss ate her dogs barf?!!!!!!
post #11 of 15
What is WRONG with cats?
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
Your boss ate her dogs barf?!!!!!!
No, she put nappies on her female dog in heat!!!!
post #13 of 15
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW That is disghusting!
post #14 of 15
I can relate to that - Radar has only puked twice, both times because he was practically inhaling his wet food - and both times I had to pick him up and remove him from the scene because even though I was right next to him when it happened he was starting to lick it up already - absolutely disgusting. The worst thing is that when he barfs he backs up while he's doing it so increases the carpet area that is affected...
post #15 of 15
Until I got Ferris, Ginger would hurl on a regular basis - once every three weeks or so. Directly related to hairballs, I'm sure, since she's nothing but fluff and fur.

After getting Ferris, Ginger stopped her regular hurling.

Or so I THOUGHT.

I've recently found some stains on the carpet that look just like places where a kitty has upchucked, yet there is no kitty barf to be found.

Aliens? I don't think so. Leprechauns? Naaawwwww.

I think Ferris is eating it. It must be a cat thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ewwww Smudge, that's GROSS!!!