Stomach Rumbling - I've never heard that before!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This morning (early morning, like 4:00 in the morning) Trent came up to snuggle. So of course, we both wake up to snuggle and love on him (Nah, he's not spoiled...honest!). But his stomach was making little rumble noises - like ours do when we're hungry. He had just gotten up, and he does mostly sleep through the night.

I've never heard that before, so I figured I should ask here to see if that's normal and I've just never heard it, or if it's a sign that he's having digestion problems or getting sick?

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard my kitties tummys rumble at all. Hummmm......I'm sure it is OK.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have only heard my dog tummy rumble in her case it was gas ..

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to snuggle up to my big Sho kitty's belly, it's so soft
but even doing that quite often I have yet to hear a deep rumble, I do hear the higher liquid moving sound a lot.
The other morning when the kitten was trying to wake me up for his breakfast his little tummy was making squishy little growls, kinda got his " I'm starving" point across.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It wasn't a deep rumble, much higher pitched. It did kinda sound like the liquid moving noise, but it was loud enough that we could both hear it.
And even then, when I was a little concerned because I hadn't heard it before, I was still thinking what a cute little noise it was.
Kitty snores, kitty sneezes and even kitty tummy noises are all cute!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

This morning (early morning, like 4:00 in the morning) Trent came up to snuggle. So of course, we both wake up to snuggle and love on him (Nah, he's not spoiled...honest!). But his stomach was making little rumble noises - like ours do when we're hungry. He had just gotten up, and he does mostly sleep through the night.

I've never heard that before, so I figured I should ask here to see if that's normal and I've just never heard it, or if it's a sign that he's having digestion problems or getting sick?
He didn't come to snuggle - he was hungry.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard Gizmo's tummy rumble once. I think it's okay as long as it doesn't happen too often. It's just gas.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bumper's tummy rumbles, I asked the vet once and he looked at me like I was crazy and said 'they do have digestive systems you know' and went on to tell me that I really shouldn't use my kitty as a pillow - he might claw my face
yeah, right, and he might learn to get the bag of food and pour it into his own bowl and clean his litterboxes sometime too

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The first and only time I heard tummy rumbles was when we'd first gotten Molly. One night she was lying on me and I had my hand on her belly, and she was sleeping, but all of a sudden my hand felt some serious gurgling going on in Molly's tummy, lol. Naturally I freak out and I'm focussing on Molly instead of the TV and pressing my fingers into random spots on her belly, trying to see if there was a problem. Then I fed her and the rumbling went away, lol. Same thing happened next time, I felt and heard the rumbling, but it went away when I fed her. She was also really gassy back then (probably from whatever crap diet she was fed before we found her), so that might have accounted for it too, lol