Thank You

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm cross-posting this message here to make sure everyone gets a chance to read it.

To say I'm overwhelmed by the response to Nakita's passing, would be an understatement.
Thank you so much everyone. For reaching out, for being there for me and sending all your love. You all make it a little easier with your words and compassion.

Today is the first 'routine' day. We came back from the cottage yesterday, Rob went to work this morning, and now I'm left alone in this very quiet house. It's so hard. Everything reminds me of her and then the tears start and then the emptyness becomes too much.

They say when one door closes, another opens. I just hope the future is kind since this last event has hurt me to the core.

I posted my memorial to Nakita in the thread shown below. I just didn't want it to get buried in the original memorial thread. You can see it here:

My Emerald Girl

I wish everyone lived closer, since I would love to meet the people behind the words. If you can all do something for me, don't take anything for granted. Keep your loved one's close and realize that in a heartbeat things can change forever.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, that's what I love about TCS. Despite where we live, what we do for a living, our opinions and personal biases, our appearances and backgrounds, we are still able to come together to share in significant moments like this. Your Nakita was loved not just by you and Rob, but by the many of us here. It is such a special thing to have your girl remembered by many all over the world.

I'm glad you stopped by to let us know how you're doing. Be careful with yourself. My one regret when I lost my angel Lola was that I tried to jump back into my daily grind too soon...it made both my life and my grieving so much more difficult than it always was. Take care.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You two will be in my thoughts and prayers today and as long as you need them. Stay strong but don't be afraid to greive.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

I wish everyone lived closer, since I would love to meet the people behind the words.
Kass, close your eyes and imagine so many arms hugging you right now?. It's all of us here at TCS, and no matter how far away we all are, were right there with you, just like Nakitas spirit is

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey I had no idea that you had lost your precious baby. There aren't words to say that will lift your pain just know that when you have a love and a strong bond like the one you had the love continues even when we are gone. And I don't know what else to say so I will simply send you a hug
from me and headbuts from my Tavia.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Kass, close your eyes and imagine so many arms hugging you right now?. It's all of us here at TCS, and no matter how far away we all are, were right there with you, just like Nakitas spirit is
Exactly that.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the internet can be a great thing. in the right hands. It brings together people from all around the world. you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Oh honey I had no idea that you had lost your precious baby. There aren't words to say that will lift your pain just know that when you have a love and a strong bond like the one you had the love continues even when we are gone. And I don't know what else to say so I will simply send you a hug
from me and headbuts from my Tavia.
My sentiments exactly. Except of course the head butts are from a different kitty. You're in my thoughts.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KittenKiya's Clan wants you to know that we are all with you, and want to just stand by you in your time of need.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about your Emerald girl

I hadn't even known she was sick and seen your thread about her sickness until the day after her passing. I was reading it thinking she is going to get better, and then the last post was that she didn't. I never even got to send vibes to you or any thing, I felt so terrible that she was so sick and going through all of this and crossed the bridge before I even knew. I was so upset with myself for not seeing it sooner I cried. I wish there was some thing I (we) could say or do to make it better and help you through all this.
Take care of your self, Nakita wouldn't want you to be sad or feeling so much pain, she is no longer feeling pain and is happy, it will be your time to be happy when the initial shock of loosing her has passed, then you will have the happy memories and the knowledge that she is happy and playing painfree with all TCS RB kitties. I will be thinking of you and Rob.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Couldn't have said it better.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine loosing my kitties but I know somday it will happen, just be happy knowing that she is playing with my kitties Sam and Smokey (passed) over the rainbow bridge.