How should I make it up to him?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I was really mean to my husband. I came home from a long day at work and he was playing WoW. Instead of calmly asking him to get off the computer I pitched a fit of epic proportions. I've already apologized, but I feel like I need to make up for it in some way. I was thinking about a German Chocolate Cake, or perhaps some Chocolate Chip Cookies. I feel so bad about the way I acted last night.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was he ignoring things that were have been supposed to be done last night Heather........or was he just the victim of a really bad day at work..?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Was he ignoring things that were have been supposed to be done last night Heather........or was he just the victim of a really bad day at work..?
I was having a bad day, and took it all out on him.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, give him the cake and let him have an hour or so on the game but telling him that you need some quality time with him as well.

I've been a computer game widow before as well, but it's all down to compromising.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I was having a bad day, and took it all out on him.
Nothing says I'm sorry better than a german chocolate cake!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure he understands...he's your husband after all..he knows you. And I'm sure its been the other way around at times. Just treat him extra special today. Make his favorite meal, the cookies would be good, and be especially affectionate tonight
. Then stop worrying about it. When two people live together one or the other are going to be the brunt of misdirected hostility. It comes with the territory. Just being this worried about it shows how much you care about him.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suggest an evening of pampering.

Draw him a nice warm bath. Set up the bathroom with lots of candles. Have his favourite book nearby and a glass of wine or his favourite drink.

Then after his bath, give him a full body massage using vanilla scented (men go crazy for vanilla scent for some reason) body lotion.

Then sit back and relax together while sharing a piece of German Chocolate cake
You could feed it to one another between smooches

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well the german chocolate cate does sound like a great idea,
and you could give him the choice, of some of the ideas suggested.
Or,, you could join him in some wow how you eat the cake

lol i dont know him, But i hate it when the female plays the i got upset,
acted bad, so now i will do all of this, and lets play happy home thing.

I much perfer sorry dear, i acted bad cause of X-Y-Z and just leave it at that.
You of course know him better. i like it when the wife comes and plays some game
with me.

PS but dont forget the cake.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm a gamer's wife.. So I know the whole drill.. and I've blown up several times over the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3.. Anyways,, find the best way to resolve my guilt,, and make him super happy,, is to do a little candlelight, nice dinner,, and then of course,, well, ya know..

But that seems to make him super happy,, and i resolve my guilt quick...

I wouldn't feel to bad... It won't be the last time... that's for sure..

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I think you should make him a nice cake or something like that but then explain why you were such a monster yesterday and then tell him you're sorry, and let it go. Dh is a D&D online gamer and it bothers me sometimes when he plays forever and a decade but I know he will stop and come and be with me when he's done.
I Growl at DH sometimes but he knows it's because of work and my meds and just deals with it. I always make sure and apologize to him so he knows that I'm just being grumpy that day, then I always go out and buy him something nice. He's spoiled!
But the way I growl sometimes, he deserves to be.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if you want to make the cake then make it....otherwise, I don't think you owe much more than a sincere apology, and a few hugs & kisses....I am usually on the other end of that spectrum, DH comes home stressed out, and I end up on eggshells.....but after a bit, he will apologize & love up to me, and that is what really matters....