President Bush is coming

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard on the news this morning that President Bush is coming to where I work on Thursday. Security is already bad some times I am just imagining how much tighter its going to be with the President coming here. I am excited though. I wonder what facilities he is going to be touring while he is here.....

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I heard on the news this morning that President Bush is coming to where I work on Thursday. Security is already bad some times I am just imagining how much tighter its going to be with the President coming here. I am excited though. I wonder what facilities he is going to be touring while he is here.....
That's so cool. I actually got to see his father among a sea of Secret Service once. He was shorter than I expected.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That IS cool!! Whether or not you like his policies, he is still THE PRESIDENT of the USA! Do you think you will be able to meet him? He seems like he would be a nice man...maybe its the Texas accent.

Where do you work? Or, is that one of those "I can tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" questions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work on a military base. Ft.Benning. Now what i do I can't really say.... I mgiht get in trouble but I assure you its not anything like super secret but it will give big clues as to military goings on so I have to keep mum. Bush is coming to have lunch iwth the 3rd Brigade. I won't get to meet him unless by some chance he decides to take a tour of the facilities around here. Its a big post though so chances are not in my favor!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting for you.

The only president I had a near chance with was Bill Clinton. I was there (with 100,000 other people) for his second inauguration and he spoke for one of the graduating classes at my college (not mine but another class)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

How exciting for you.

The only president I had a near chance with was Bill Clinton. I was there (with 100,000 other people) for his second inauguration and he spoke for one of the graduating classes at my college (not mine but another class)
The closest I've been to any president is when I went on a field trip in 2nd grade to Washington. The bus drove past the White House, and there was a man working on the lawn. I thought that was the president! Hey, I was 7 years old. I figured, my dad works on our lawn, so the president must work on his!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

ugghhh!!!!!
:lol3

You should see it around here. Armed hummers on every corner, sercret service everywhere. Its kinda exciting.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have had to call in sick because the secret service would have arrested me for dirty looks. (if looks could kill) : ]

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I would have had to call in sick because the secret service would have arrested me for dirty looks. (if looks could kill) : ]
My sister is not pro- bush either. I told her I wanted to go hear his speech. She said that is would be HILARIOUS to hear him talk. The only thing I could think of him saying was "NUCULAR" becasue it drives me brazy. I always scream at the TV that its NU- CLEAR there is only 1 U!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha- I should have added 'thrown' as an option on my 'egg debate' thread...

I've got an awesome throw- its a shame I didn't play more baseball as a child

tbh his dog is lovely

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is officially here and mingling with the soldiers.