I'm Excited,but I am sad at the same time

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out friday that Dan and I are pregnant!

I am not very far along but we have decided to start taking steps toward becoming parents. (like getting married way sooner than we planned among a few things)
One of the largest steps we would be taking is adopting out some of our animal family)
We have no choice but to get rid of the two ball pythons snakes (due to room and hygiene) and the rats. I am very concerned about who we sell the snakes to because ball pythons are not just like any other pet. they take a lot of work. The rats I am not to concerned about they like love and food.

The hardest part is that if Stewie does not settle down Dan says we have to adopt him out to someone.and i understand his concern. He is a wild man now and there is now way that in our tiny two bedroom apt dan and i can handel him jumping around, tripping us, scratching and biting constantly when we have a baby. Its okay now because we use the spare bedroom for the animals but once the baby comes there is no way we can have stewie in there or mikey.
I am just hoping he calms down after his vet visit so i do not have to remove him.

BTW....
We have decided on names..kinda
Canaan (canin) James or
Stefan James
and Savannah Ann
My first doc apt is Feb. 6th I will be 8 weeks then.
anyone know why the OBGYN clinic is making me wait till then for my first visit. I thought I was to go in right away to confirm the pregnancy and start on prenatal vitamins..what do i do in the meantime?
Someone help me?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG OMG OMG
That is so exciting!! Congrats for sure!!

As far as Stewie goes, 8 months is a long way away...so hopefully he will calm down some by then..good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG OMG OMG
That is so exciting!! Congrats for sure!!

As far as Stewie goes, 8 months is a long way away...so hopefully he will calm down some by then..good luck
aww thanks!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful names, too. I dont know why they would make you come in that far away. But start eating cereal and orange juice for your folic acid. You may want to call them and see if they can move the appt. up.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Beautiful names, too. I dont know why they would make you come in that far away. But start eating cereal and orange juice for your folic acid. You may want to call them and see if they can move the appt. up.

My doc always says to take a folic acid supplement..IN CASE I get preggo...(I keep telling her, now how would that EVER happen?
) But you should take a supplement for sure!!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Thanks Pam!
I didnt even think about asking the clinic till after I got off the phone.
I asked my mom why and she thinks maybe because at 8 weeks they will do an ultrasound to confirm, and they will be able to see a heart beat and the appointment will be more...accurate and fullfilling. If I go sooner they make me take a urine test and I have already taken three
and that would be it.

MMMM ORANGE JUICE!!!!!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!!
When one of my friends was pregnant with her first child there was no way she was going to part with her cats so they removed the doo rfrom the baby's room and put on a screen door instead. She said it worked out very well for them.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!! Congrats on becoming new parents! What a wonderful roller coaster you're about to take a ride on...but believe me, you will never regret a single moment!

As far as Stewie goes, I'd give him a chance to remain in the family. Chances are, he'll definitely calm down in the months ahead, and make a wonderful pal to your new bundle of joy!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off congrats! I know how it is to be surprised by getting pregnant. As for Stewie how old is he? Hes still pretty young isnt he. I hope you dont have to rehome him. I have several umm wild pets. Zumi, Buddy, Jada, Kitten and Annie. With the Phsyco freak devil kitty Lily to add to the list. LOL So I understand being worried about that. The only ones who dont get into trouble are the rats! Anyways. If you have a door to the spare room just keep it shut. Its really not that hard to keep the baby away from the animals. Anyways I hope Stewie behaves himself so Dan doesnt make you find him a new home!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oohhhh CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting for you!

Love the names!
And as for Stewie... I would definately keep him in your home, how sad is it to have to re-home him? Lets hope that his behaviour settles down a bit and he can enjoy the new member of your loving family! I know you'll do the best you can to keep him in your home, as well!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! How exciting for you both!

I agree that Stewie has lots of time to calm down before the baby arrives. You have time to find other homes for your snakes and rats, too, don't rush into it.

My mother bought one of these (below) when our daughter was born, because she was paranoid about our cats. I never used it because our two cats wanted nothing to do with the baby, and gave her wide berth, but maybe it will help give you both peace of mind:

http://www.baby-safety-gates.com/Web...frg=FRG&id=715

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congradulations!!!!

By the way- the crib netting that was recommended works very well! I used to watch twins who had the netting over each crib and it was awesome- it also keeps their arms/legs from getting stuck in between the bars when they get older and move around more. / Definitely go ahead and ask your doc for prenatal vitamins asap
Congradulations!!!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Congradulations!!!!

By the way- the crib netting that was recommended works very well! I used to watch twins who had the netting over each crib and it was awesome- it also keeps their arms/legs from getting stuck in between the bars when they get older and move around more. / Definitely go ahead and ask your doc for prenatal vitamins asap
Congradulations!!!
the crib netting was used on my little nephew wat a brat he was he liked to throw things out of the crip and climb out and all the other kids wanted to join him in the crib
so the netting does wonders
and I am soo happy for u ConGradulations
and as far as stewie...I really hope u dont gotta rehome him he is such a doll
and well 8 months is a long time like everyones said, so he should calm down by then my brother has 3 kids and hes always had a cat since they were born the cat just never bothered the kids and when the kids came here our cats ran
but now the kids ages a 2,3 and 6 and they have 3 cats and well the cats all run from them now even more
except my brothers kitten sleeps with my 3 year old niece

But I am so excited for u..

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! And don't panic yourselves into anything, take time to think through all the options for the animals.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to the both of you.

If you end up needing to find new homes for the pythons try and see if there any clubs in your area (including the whole state) that are devoted to the keeping/breeding/etc. of herps. That way you could pretty much be certain that they will receive the proper care and attention that they deserve.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

As has already been posted, you have plenty of time to look into new homes for your snakes and rats, so don't rush yourselves: start now, take your time and make sure you're comfortable with the people who'll be adopting your pets. (Although, as a note, a friend of mine just found out she's pregnant and she's keeping her rat, snakes and cats [her snake is just an itty-bitty corn snake, though, so it's lower-maintenance]. Her husband will be responsible for taking care of them, however.) Do what's best for you and what you'll feel comfortable with, but don't feel hurried into making decisions now.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My doctor didn't see me til at least then too, but I would call if you want to ask about starting vitamins sooner. The little guy/gal is pretty tiny right now though so its probably not that much of a drain on your system yet. Give him/her time though. Enjoy your pregnancy! Its definitely the easiest parenting time.

(As far as Stewie goes, didn't Keith say he'd have 3 cats if he ever saw one that looked like him? He might not look at this thread though since we scared him before with the girl talk.
)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also wasn't seen until around 8 weeks pg for all of mine.Then, they are able to get all of your history,book an ultrasound and listen for the baby's heartbeat.Also, you'll be given prenatal vitamins then............after they confirm you ARE pg with a urine/blood test.
Good luck and congrats on the baby!!!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
You guys really make me feel better about Stewie.
He is going into the vet this Saturday for his "fixen" surgery and dan/I are praying it mellows him out.

The crib net looks like it just might do the trick. I do not want to punish Mikey and keep the babies door closed all the time. Mikey is a curious boy and I think he will make a great furry-older brother. I know Mikey and he would want to come in and see whats going on and sit by my side while i change diapers, feed and all that jazz. That is just how he is.

Also the screen door is a really awesome idea. We live in the upper unit of a dulplex that is very very small... the only thing I worry about is that if the baby goes to sleep...how do i keep the sound out. My grandparents have to large dogs that BARK loud, I would need the door to block sound.

Thanks again everyone!
your posts mean the world to me!