Warning about crinkle balls!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home to find that Ferris had put his favorite crinkle ball into the water fountain. And the water was green from the dye on the mylar leaching out into the water for who knows how long.

I changed the water immediately, but I'm worried that they may have ingested something toxic.
I'm keeping an eye on them - what to do about the crinkle balls!
They are Ferris' current favorite!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine dump their crinkle balls in the water all the time and I have never seen any colour come off them, hopefull it is a one off.

All you can really do is keep an eye on them

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
one way to look at it is that Ferris probably carries those crinkle balls around in his mouth all the time, and you don't necessarily worry about that, right? I'm sure the water was okay, and how much do cats drink anyway? I would think if he was poisoned, you may be seeing symptoms already
I'm sure Mr Ferris will be a-ok!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Weird, I know they are a hit with most TCS kitties, but I can't see Trout liking those
They don't bounce eh?
Radar went through a phase of loving them as the sound made when pawing them is very attractive...

Once we intoduced fur mice he soon forgot them and now I find them in hiding places but he doesn't show them as much attention

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Weird, I know they are a hit with most TCS kitties, but I can't see Trout liking those
They don't bounce eh?
Noodles loves them because she can bat them around at a high rate of speed!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They don't bounce eh?
Actually, those are not Crinkle Balls (which are a trademarked toy name, for a toy made in Canada).

These are:

The photo from the start of this thread, is of a stiff toy made of mylar, I just call those Mylar Balls.