please help

calie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, I have 2 cats which I have had together for 3 years now, they love to play and hang out together, well yesterday for no reason at all my older cat started to beat up on my younger cat.. I mean really beating up and I could not seperate them. the only way I could seperate them was with water.. and now I have to keep them in seperate rooms or else they REALLY fight.. and now last night the aggressive cat attacked my girlfriend.. I am really concerned. My girlfriend wants me to get rid of my cat now that i have loved for 4 years... please if anyone has any ideas let me know..

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would guess it's something hormonal, are the cats male or female? Are they fixed? Feliway spray does wonders, as does the vanilla essense.

I'm sure one of the mentors will be along with better advise, but hang in there til then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sorry they are both female cats and fixed.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something does not sound right. Normally, females, even fixed ones, will have "discussions" at times, but to set out on another cat that she has been with for a long time.....something has happened. Is the other cat by any chance sick, or do you know if she has gotten into something that makes her smell different? That could trigger an attack.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Something does not sound right. Normally, females, even fixed ones, will have "discussions" at times, but to set out on another cat that she has been with for a long time.....something has happened. Is the other cat by any chance sick, or do you know if she has gotten into something that makes her smell different? That could trigger an attack.
That would be my first thought - one of them is sick and the other cat can smell/sense it. I'd have them vet checked first and if nothing is found to be amiss, then I would try a re-introduction using the advice in the thread at the top of this forum.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

That would be my first thought - one of them is sick and the other cat can smell/sense it.
My thoughts also, please take them to a vet and then re-introduce them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update, it is excally one month later since my cats started fighting. I have brought both to the vet and they check out fine. BUT we still have to lock one up at a time and let the other run around, they absolutly HATE each other.. which is very upsetting, we are not thinking of getting rid of one.. we dont know what else to do, we dont wanna give either of them up, but keeping them locked up in a room is no fun either..

please any suggestions let me know...

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since you have had them to the vet and they found no problems, the best thing would be for you to try a re-introduction.
Here is a link for how to that may be helpful.

You can also do a search on new cat or introduce and it will bring up more threads on possible problem solvers.

Good luck with getting your girls back on track.