Need Help with Twinkie

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

I have a little issue with Twinkie and not sure how to handle this. For the past 6 days she has been jumping on top of me at 3:50am or 4:50am in the morning and licking and walking on me. Every time I tried to put her down on the floor or move her off of me she would come right back and do the same thing. My other two boys sleep with us but they don’t bother anyone they either sleep at the end of the bad or on top of their tree that we have in our bedroom. How do I stop this little monster from waking me up every morning? I don’t hit her as I red somewhere in the book that cats should not be reprimanded with a human hand. Please someone help me with this little girl I cannot get any sleep and go to work tired and she only does this to me not my husband.

Thank you in advance!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Easy: Put your head under the covers and ignore her.

Ginger still wakes me up at 3 a.m. on occasion, just to lick me.
She loves her meowmy, is all it is!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

Does your bedroom have a door?
Yes the bedroom has a door but the kittens don't leave our bedroom at night as I don't trust our dogs 100% just yet. We keep them in our bedroom which is HUGE where they have a lot of rum and only let them out when we are home and everyone is supervised.

I didn't try to put my head under the cover I will tonight. Great idea. Thank you!!!

The thing is she really doesn't do anything bad she just licks me to death. She doesn't just lick my hand she has to lick my face and lay right on top of me. She adds a very loud purr to her licks.
I love her to peaces and she can lick me during the day or when I am awake but 4:00am doesn't make her very sweet.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As hard as it is, you'll have to ignore her. Anytime you move or acknowledge her she's succeeded.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say a soft, but firm "NO" and then pull the blankets up and ignore her. That way, you have acknowledged that you heard her, but the answer's no. Just lie really still after that. Repeat, repeat, and repeat.

Aww, Twinkie's a sweetie, but 4 or 5 in the morning is too early even for loving. Good luck!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I push Gizmo off my chest and say NO. When she is sitting on the side of the bed (i.e. NOT on my chest) I pet her and say GOOD GIRL.
This works.
Whenever Gizmo does something I do not want her to do, I say NO, then put her where I want her to be and say GOOD GIRL.
She's still walking around a bit but waits patiently on the bed til I get up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your responses. I have gotten more sleep this time. I put the blanket over my head and after some time she went to the end of the bed and slept there. Once my alarm clock went off she came right over to wake me up but I was already awake. I will have to use a lot of no and praises with her. The boys are very easy they mind their own business, come up when I call them and when they want to play they will just bother me except it's always the times I am awake.