I have to admit, my feelings are hurt....

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so since September my baby boy Louie has been Momma's boy exclusively. He has followed me everywhere, and slept with me daily, and been all about lovin' his momma. Well, my "baby" officially turned 6 months on Dec 30th. And the last 2 weeks, he is no longer a momma's boy.....in fact, he is turning into daddy's little buddy....
and I don't think I am handling it well. DH is in his glory.... Every morning after breakfast, Louie waits for Daddy to have their "play time" on the one end of the cat tree....it's quite cute to watch....but he no longer wants much to do with me...
He even snuggles with daddy almost all the time now.... I know I am being a bit ridiculous, cause well, all babies do grow up....but 3 months is too fast for me! Ok, my whining is over....I guess I just need to have my feelings validated....cause my feelings are quite hurt
It's bad enough that LuckyGirl is mainly a daddy's girl....now I'm losing my little boy too....man, what does daddy have that I don't?!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry I did that with Luna and am now on Whitey. Luna use to like B more then me...until we moved in together and she saw that he had OTHER cats.
So promptly I became her champion after that.

whitey use to be my buddy, but as of lately he follows B around.

I don't get it...I feed them, clean their litter, play with them, give them attention, and Luna is the only cat that recognizes that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! DH feeds them in the morning, but I feed them every evening, I give them treats before bedtime, I make sure they each get quality "play time" in each night (between 30-60 mins)....I swoon over them, and spend all my free time at home...DH is barely there, and if he's not home, and they hear the front door they RUN for it to sit there and wait for him to get up the steps?! Sometimes it's just the paper boy!!
And now Louie is all "let me go mommy, ugh! get off me mommy" I'm telling you, those are his expressions!
But when DH picks him up....he purrs and wants to be held....the little brat! Like I didn't carry him around inside my sweatjacket for 3 months to cuddle him & swaddle him!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Heather, maybe the third time's the charm??
luckily I don't have this problem since I'm the only human around, but my ex's and I's very first leukemia cat was totally and absolutely HIS cat, that cat was completely indifferent towards me
and he was our only cat for 2 years, so I understand how you're feeling
you could always have treats in your pocket....maybe that's what your husband is doing!!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm starting to ignore Whitey and only scold him when he's bad, like B does.

Although Whitey and I did have a sweet moment yesterday. He was laying on the window perch and was SO HAPPY that someone had come over to visit him that he started his loud purr, laid down and turned his head upside down. So I laid my head down on the perch too and he started licking my cheek!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats the thing about your DH not being around that much- the cat is trying to compete with you for his affections

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Hey Heather, maybe the third time's the charm??
luckily I don't have this problem since I'm the only human around, but my ex's and I's very first leukemia cat was totally and absolutely HIS cat, that cat was completely indifferent towards me
and he was our only cat for 2 years, so I understand how you're feeling
you could always have treats in your pocket....maybe that's what your husband is doing!!!!
Thanks Katie! I wish that would solve it....unfortunately I think he wins them over with his sparkling personality and all that charm.....
hmmmm
, a 3rd cat.....I could sense a collection coming on.....
of course we'd have to trade litter box secrets....I don't think I could handle changing any more than I do now....

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Thats the thing about your DH not being around that much- the cat is trying to compete with you for his affections
GREAT!?!?
Just what I need! Someone else trying to compete with his affection!!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Heather.

I can relate though. Anya will cuddle on Brian's chest and rub and lick on him for ages while I just sit on the other end of the couch grumbling, "That's okay. WHATEVER. I'm only the one who feeds you, keeps you in clean water, cleans your litter box, plays with you, etc..."

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Awww Heather.

I can relate though. Anya will cuddle on Brian's chest and rub and lick on him for ages while I just sit on the other end of the couch grumbling, "That's okay. WHATEVER. I'm only the one who feeds you, keeps you in clean water, cleans your litter box, plays with you, etc..."
awww, I'll come over & sit next to you Emily!
We can grumble together!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm all for a couple more kitties Heather.....one of them is bound to like you!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

awww, I'll come over & sit next to you Emily!
We can grumble together!!!
Sounds like a plan.

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Maybe that's what I need.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, don't worry too much about it..I think they go through phases too sometimes
He will be back, they always come back

I know what you mean though..everytime Trout bites me I almost cry..it really hurts my feelings that she can just bite me and hiss at me without a care in the world
At least your cats don't physically harm you

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
aww maybe he's just going through a phase...i will hope that for you...

i know how you feel. i get VERY offended when peanuts gives me the butt and attaches herself to someone else.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm at the opposite end of that dillema right now.

Ophelia is Daddy's Girl. Big time. She could care less if I'm even there, except that I feed her and clean her litter, and make sure she has clean water. Trent is mostly Mommy's Boy. He loves snuggling with me, but does still love on Daddy. He also goes through some anti-Mommy phases at times, which just drive me nuts!

So we adopt Ginger, who bonded to me almost instantly. Then HE fell in love with Mojo, and Mojo was all about him at Petsmart. (Smart little girl!) Then when she comes home, she's all about Mommy. She nuzzles and kneads and licks and suckles my neck, and is quite insistant and urgent about doing so. I think Earl was getting jealous.
But then this weekend he woke up to her snuggling with him, so now he's happy again.

I would bet that Louis is going through a phase - see what the grass is like on the other side of the fence. He'll come back and be Mommy's Boy again. This is about the same time that Trent went through his first anti-Mommy phase, too.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aw, don't worry too much about it..I think they go through phases too sometimes
He will be back, they always come back

I know what you mean though..everytime Trout bites me I almost cry..it really hurts my feelings that she can just bite me and hiss at me without a care in the world At least your cats don't physically harm you
Thans Natalie
I can see how your feelings would be hurt by that, your right, my 2 don't iss or bite me....they just don't want much lovin' and attention from me.... although, LuckyGirl is getting better wanting love, she just doesn't want picked up or held....so if I get down on all fours, I'm allowed to kiss her and rub faces with her!?

Originally Posted by valanhb

I would bet that Louis is going through a phase - see what the grass is like on the other side of the fence. He'll come back and be Mommy's Boy again. This is about the same time that Trent went through his first anti-Mommy phase, too.
I truly hope so Heidi....I am just
broken without my little cuddly love bug....and I am pretty jealous too!
At 1st I thought it was soooo cute, awww he loves his daddy!
And then it was "get off me momma, put me down!" now I have no kitties to love me....
hmmmm, maybe I should start a kitty collection...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww Louie D Boy, go snuggle with your meowmy again!!!! I'm sure it's "just a phase"
I do think you should get a third though just so you have another snuggler

I have the same thing with Smudge - I nursed her back to health, constantly had her down my shirt to keep her warm and happy, gave up precious study time to cuddle and play with her, and she's a daddy's girl. Last weekend I was trying to keep her with me while DH was working, and she refused to cuddle me!!! She was squirming and chewing on my fingers until I gave up, at which point she leaped on DH's chest, snuggled down and purred her heart out. I don't mind her being "his" cat, but that was downright rude after all the love I give her!!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your right Sarah that was rude!!!

And DH says, if your having a hard time with the kitties growing up, what's it gonna be like when we have kids? Ummmm, they'll promise me to stay little forever!