How do your cats greet you ?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Moofi does this real long stretch, her back legs all enlongated - I must get a photo

Dino does the obligatory circle of eight around my legs

Pepsi say hello - "reowh" "reowh"
she always, always greet us with a hello

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyday when I get home from work there are all waiting inside the door for me
and I swear they're smiling. Gaia does the leg circle thing, she's the only one though

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Dino does the obligatory circle of eight around my legs

Pepsi say hello - "reowh" "reowh"
she always, always greet us with a hello
All of mine do some version of these. Easy always gives me a tiny lick, too. And they usually flop of their backs for a mandatory belly rub.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As soon as i open the back door, i hear the thud of furry bodies leaving the comfort of our bed.

Jake usually barges me out of the way to go out
Izzy is deaf so doesn't hear me until i give her head a rub then its all purrs and dribble. Tigger bounces down the stairs for a chin and head rub accompanied by the LOUDEST purring
And Jaz, well she knows that she is the most important cat and doesn't bother to get out of bed because she knows that meowmy will always come to her for a cuddle

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on how hungry they are, LOL

If their bellies are full they just look at me from wherever they happen to be when I get back. If they're hungry, they're both by my feet and I'm tripping over them. LOL

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
running to greet me with his tail in the air while screaming at the top of his lungs
- that's my baby boy!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles greets me at the door and then stretches up tall against my leg and sort of 'pats' me with her paws.

Mooch gives me a little squeek!

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
they're always there at the door, and when i open it i get a chorus of meows. except peanuts's meow is like "mrrrrrrrow!" and socks's meow is like "Meeeeeew" which is funny cause it's a kitten meow coming from a huge cat!

absolutchaos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my car pulls in to the driveway, I hear Frankie screaming his head off like he's being ripped apart limb from limb. I'll hear the occasional squeak from Rishi also--and it really is literally a sqeak. (Ah, bengals...gotta love 'em!)

When I open the door, Rishi will do the classic back arch lean against my legs pose, but I'm limited to patting him twice before he walks away. Sometimes, though, he's lazy and doesn't leave his cat tree at the front window and expects me to come over and say hi before he goes into his classic pose.

Frankie continues to scream, but sometimes he plays hard to get. Most of the time, though, he lets me pet him as he frantically rubs his face against the nearest smelly shoe and then, when I pet his back legs, he starts crawling away like his back legs are paralyzed by dragging himself forward by his front legs.
(Does anybody else's cat act like that if you pet his haunch area?)

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine run up to me and start purring and rubbing up against me
. Then they follow me and jump up in my lap as soon as I sit down to go on TCS. Five minutes later, they're asleep.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Miss Moofi does this real long stretch, her back legs all enlongated
Trout too...when I come home, I see her stretching walking towards me..from all the sleep she got for the last 8 hours I guess

Then, she quickly rolls a foam ball to me for a round of fetch...even if I am in the bathroom..she drops the ball at my feet, and I HAVE to throw it from the loo

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbsolutChaos

....as he frantically rubs his face against the nearest smelly shoe and then, when I pet his back legs, he starts crawling away like his back legs are paralyzed by dragging himself forward by his front legs.
(Does anybody else's cat act like that if you pet his haunch area?)
My RB kitty Tiger would do that!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I come in through the garage and they are all waiting as I open the inner door. Miss Phoebe is always first in line because she slaps the others as they close in trying to get their greeting. It's an awkward dance of each one trying to dash past her as I pet her first but it's never enough of a distraction. She's like a wrecking ball.

Once I'm in and they've all been petted, they turn and head for the patio door with Phoebe still slapping left and right. That's a safely enclosed part of the yard. Three cats go out to nibble green stuff (their pre-meal salad) and the other little tabby stays at my heels tapping my leg to hurry up with the food. When greens are sufficiently nibbled, they dash in and eat. Then all but one goes about their parituclar cat business except one. He's my bottle baby (5 yrs old now) and must have smooches, hugs and lap time right after eating.

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gunner doesn't greet me when I first get home. He continues to do whatever he is doing until he is good and ready to come say hi.

Taylor ALWAYS greets me at the door. It's like "Hi Daddy! What did you bring me?"

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily rubs on anything she can meowing and purring like mad until I finally reach down and pet her.

Annie Rose doesnt usually greet me. She just looks at me and goes back to whatever she was doing before.

Kitten rubs on my legs and climbs all over me.

Nazumi runs around saying MMAAAWAARR! Over and over. Then he wants me to pic him up so he jumps on to my chest and belly. While Im standing and just relaxes when I wrap my arms around him. He cuddles for about a minute then wants down to go terrorize someone.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally when I come in Lilly the dog runs into the livingroom from my dad's bed and I have to work through the petting of the dogs before I even get to Tavia. Once I get to the kitchen she begans meowing and makes a dash for her counter in the bathroom. And then while I am trying to get into my pjs and do my buisness she starts rubbing my legs wanting petting and the whole time Lilly is licking my leg and Macy is standing a bit away wiggling all over and I am saying give me a minute please and inbetween all of this Tavia is meowing loudly wanting me to notice her.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar races towards me with his tail straight up in the air, and makes a little 'brrrrrp' chirping noise. Then he weaves around me until I reach the sofa, and when I sit down he launches himself onto my chest. Once he's there he smashes his head into my face so hard that I worry he's going to break my nose, then rubs his head down my arm and flops down sideways under my throat with his backside on my other shoulder and tail curled around my neck. Purring and dribbling and 'mixing puddings' and rolling over onto his back rubbing his head all over my arm. Love that cat's greeting!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This shouldn't be here but a picture gives a better explanation

As soon as i let them out their bedroom when i get home Sophie rubs herself back and forwards on the stair rail purring away, as if to say "I've missed you mum!"

Rosie runs downstairs waiting for me to open the kitchen door where she screams " Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" because she wants her wet food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Radar races towards me with his tail straight up in the air, and makes a little 'brrrrrp' chirping noise. Then he weaves around me until I reach the sofa, and when I sit down he launches himself onto my chest. Once he's there he smashes his head into my face so hard that I worry he's going to break my nose, then rubs his head down my arm and flops down sideways under my throat with his backside on my other shoulder and tail curled around my neck. Purring and dribbling and 'mixing puddings' and rolling over onto his back rubbing his head all over my arm. Love that cat's greeting!
t´awww
bet you rush home for that wonderful greeting and all your troubles from the day would just melt away