One of the worst ways to wake up...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
is having 8-Bit knock over a glass of water onto your head. DH and I had the gaul to wait until 7:45am to feed him We were an hour late, the ASPCA wasn't open yet for him to phone in an abuse call, so he did the next best thing. I'm still a little upset.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

is having 8-Bit knock over a glass of water onto your head. DH and I had the gaul to wait until 7:45am to feed him We were an hour late, the ASPCA wasn't open yet for him to phone in an abuse call, so he did the next best thing. I'm still a little upset.
It's not the best way to wake up a human 8-Bit! What a character he is.

I'm lucky with Bijou and Mika - they will wait patiently until I get up. Bijou is quite content to sleep as long as I sleep. This morning (wee hours) he was stretched out facing me with his whole leg around my neck and his throat pushed agains my nose. He couldn't have gotten any closer if he had tried, but I gotta tell you I love it.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sibohan normally wakes me up by knocking things off the dresser, luckily the dresser is nowhere near my head.
Well look at it this way, you get to air out your pillows it's spring cleaning early this year!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bailey has been waking us up by jumping up on my makeup table and knocking all the bottles off, one at a time........plunk, plunk plunk........

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twig does that too, only he does that at 3,4 and 5 in the morning. Just when he wants attention. It's always on DH's side of the bed too. He just loves DH. He came up on the bed, last night and when I was petting him, he just sat there, when Dh started, he purred like there was no tomorrow! Spoiled baby!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, being woken up by having water tipped on you is not good. This isn't payback for a vet visit is it?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

It's not the best way to wake up a human 8-Bit! What a character he is.

I'm lucky with Bijou and Mika - they will wait patiently until I get up. Bijou is quite content to sleep as long as I sleep. This morning (wee hours) he was stretched out facing me with his whole leg around my neck and his throat pushed agains my nose. He couldn't have gotten any closer if he had tried, but I gotta tell you I love it.
Awwwww what sweethearts!!!!!

And 8 Bit is definitely a character.. hehehe

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that my cats don't do that. My boyfriends mom feeds them when she wakes up in the morning so I can sleep in as late as I want.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We keep the water on the headboard in bottles. Hopefully they are large enough (Gatorade bottles) that the kitties won't knock them onto our heads.

In our house, the worst way to be woken up by Ginger is a claw stuck deep into either the side of my big toe, or the bottom of my foot.
She just wants to play "Munsterz Under the Blankie" and doesn't get it that if there's only one layer on Meowmy, her claws go right through.

Earl would argue (and win!) that the worst way he's been woken up is when Trent has jumped off our 6' tall bookcase headboard and landed on his...well, um...lower abdominal area.
Thankfully, Trent has only done that a couple times, and only once on purpose because he was mad at Daddy.
(It wasn't funny to him, but I about died laughing!)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

is having 8-Bit knock over a glass of water onto your head.
My Bogart did that to me at 3AM once. He liked to drink out of water glasses and tipped it too far and it fell on my head.

The lesson in this: drink out of water bottles or covered glasses!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geesh, that's not bad! Try a whole darn nightstand!
Thanks Abilene!
She's done that twice....the nightstand at my house is right beside my bed- i mean right by it.....and Abilene has always seen Vevlet- very gracefully get into my window by climbing on the headboard and walking to the window from it(it's right beside my bed) well...abilene is a bit clumsy, and fell...on two seperate occassions....knocking a vase with flowers in it, my lamp, lip gloss, my phone and caller id, my water bottle and whatever else was up there directly onto my bed and onto me!This of course freaked her out and caused her to hiss and act like she'd seen the devil himself......and yeah...me being now quite awake...i about peed myself when all that stuff came flying onto me and abilene was running around like a mad kitty
so yeah...i'd gladly take just a little water vs. an entire nightstand and a psychotic kitty
One of these days she will learn to be graceful...i hope

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Geesh, that's not bad! Try a whole darn nightstand!
Thanks Abilene!
She's done that twice....the nightstand at my house is right beside my bed- i mean right by it.....and Abilene has always seen Vevlet- very gracefully get into my window by climbing on the headboard and walking to the window from it(it's right beside my bed) well...abilene is a bit clumsy, and fell...on two seperate occassions....knocking a vase with flowers in it, my lamp, lip gloss, my phone and caller id, my water bottle and whatever else was up there directly onto my bed and onto me!This of course freaked her out and caused her to hiss and act like she'd seen the devil himself......and yeah...me being now quite awake...i about peed myself when all that stuff came flying onto me and abilene was running around like a mad kitty
so yeah...i'd gladly take just a little water vs. an entire nightstand and a psychotic kitty
One of these days she will learn to be graceful...i hope
Oh but she's such a pretty girl!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol cute cute..

now i dont feel so bad about eazy waking me up by sticking his nose into my nose.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Conspirators! Zissou has done that too! When I smartened up and quit having water by the bed, she started punching me in the eye. Can't decide which is worse.

Bad 8-Bit! That is not how you convince your meowmy to wake up and give you scritches!