Blue what color/breed !!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok im not sure what blue is the lady said that she looked like she has russian blue in her but she does have a little bit of pink in her paws so im dont think the lady was right but the first day she was here she looked like a blue but now she doesnt...she looks more like she got a chocolate tint to her fur...I have pictures from both...but is there such a thing as a chocolate tint to grey fur? Ive never heard such a think she is 7 months old so if u kno what this color is please tell me also she has like copper gold eyes and her ears look like the go forward and they are small and she is small and long...we thingk we have to deworm her and the lady has stuff she said she had to deworm her again so that may be why she is so skinny but she is long and is going to be a small cat !! Well here are some photos from when we brought her home

and here are some from today
this is my favorite

(sorry this one seems a little fuzzy)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I lean toward calling her a lovley blue gray DSH or DMH

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I lean toward calling her a lovley blue gray DSH or DMH
so go with blue lol she just looked chocolate to me tonite and also my mom
i went with dsh and well we called her blue cause of her color then tonite it just randomly looked really different
maybe we are just nuts

although my stormie is a medium hair and they tried saying she was a short hair...clinics these days
i was a little upset bout that and so was stormie she is a medium hair for sure

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes cute, she looks like just a regular gray DSH. She actually looks like my Dora, who is also all gray with a tabby tail:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101

Shes cute, she looks like just a regular gray DSH. She actually looks like my Dora, who is also all gray with a tabby tail:
what a cutie dora is
its quit funny about the tail because i told my mom that when we got her and she said no thats just how her fur is sitting and we argued about it and then the next day after i posted photos and she spent more time with blue and looking she said i was right
i told her the photos proved it

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may have just been the lighting making her look chocolate to you/ I think she looks blue That is what they are called, LOL, even if they do look like they are grey it's called blue.
I think it is kind of funny, the shelter I work with some times, calls any blue cat a russian blue mix or a grey DH, like if they aren't russian blues, then the color is grey or some thing

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is what they are called, LOL, even if they do look like they are grey it's called blue.
Not all the time..I have a couple silver cats. I have a silver longhaired, and a silver tabby! Silver looks a lot like blue, but you can tell the difference if you look close enough!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101

Not all the time..I have a couple silver cats. I have a silver longhaired, and a silver tabby! Silver looks a lot like blue, but you can tell the difference if you look close enough!
Silver is silver, so you would notice a difference. Blue/grey (same color just called differently by people. some call it blue and some call it grey) colored cats are called blues. and silver is called silver.
Any way silver/blue/grey is the color I was getting at, I don't think that this cat is chocolate.

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's a blue domestic shorthair. The tabby stripes happen because all cats are tabbies underneath. This happens with black cats too, of which blue cats are a modified colour version.