Hot Spots in cats

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok are one dog has irritated skin and well we call them hot spots and thats what we were told thats called because he would scratch himself until he got scaps and lost some here i mean he would do it on both sides and in his middle it would be full of hair and his sides were bald
But bella i noticed recently started to get iffy with her back being touch (more towards where her tail is but not quit) and I looked today (she actually let me for a minute and I felt it and it feels like she has a scap and such and she lost some hair there can it be because she has a "hot spot" and what can I do..the doctor gives cocoa pills but that grows the hair back and we got some stuff we bought at petco or petsmart for it and it works and she didnt loose that much hair its a little spot but it is starting to worry me alot...is there stuff that i can buy for her to stop messing with it and to give it relief?? Any advice is greatly appreciated...Thanx in advance!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
talk with the vet again/// many OTC treatments contain Tea tree oil ( should NEVER be used on cats ....

I use something called fungisan( it comes in horse dog and cat formulas ) I urge you to talk to the vet ...

Do you know what is causeing her to scatch to the pt of hairloss??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

talk with the vet again/// many OTC treatments contain Tea tree oil ( should NEVER be used on cats ....

I use something called fungisan( it comes in horse dog and cat formulas ) I urge you to talk to the vet ...

Do you know what is causeing her to scatch to the pt of hairloss??
honestly idk what is causing her to chew that spot she just randomly does and if u pet her and u pet there on accident she bites u and her skin is very very very irritated for no reason i will be sitting there on my bed next thing u know she got a scratch well bite because she cant scratch there lol, but our dog usually gets a shot idk how she will do and everything and last time we went to the vets there was a lot of scratching and biting at the vet
and i cant watch my baby get a shot

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what is she eating??? cleaners used??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

what is she eating??? cleaners used??
currently she has natures recipe..and she loves it and its easily digestible nutrition im reading it now
and my mom usually gets this or natures balance i think thats what its called and whne we are low on money they get friskies
but they love it lol..and she and stormie split a can of cat food in the day and at night and wet food varies in variety...but see this started a while ago when she came to us in July but it wasnt as bad and i never thought anything of it i just thought she didnt like to be petted there but here(she is an indoor kittie) the weather has been acting really goofy so maybe my moms right but idk its like it seems to be acting up bad again
but I clean my room every other day and run the sweeper almost every time stormie kicks litter out of the box
but what do u mean cleaners used..i am sorry its one of those days were my head is racing..like cleaning products are used but i put them downstairs when I do the full blown wipe everyhting down with cleaning products and then i go and take a break but like i said shes had this since she came here she was previously owned before and at least they had the decentsy to get her fixed but they put her out in a rich area and wanted someone to take her in or get hit by a car (one of the worst streets around here cars fly up and down it at top speed) and it was alos over 90 degrees outside that week...so luckily i had a toothache and it was street sweeping day so we had to park all the way down the street from my moms one customers house and she found me
idk if it could be something from that but we took her to the vet after she found us and the said everything was fine it just has gotten worse in the last few days/weeks and now she scabbed so thats why i am worrying...