Commercial comments

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have those commercials where you always have comments about them? For instance, a Lysol commercial just came on, the one with the "There could be blah blah blah number of bacteria on your counter. Fact: not all cleaners kill bacteria..." I just want to yell "Fact: not all bacteria is dangerous, and Fact: when you kill off the bacteria there it will just be replaced in a little while!"

There's the Pantene commercials with their "amino proteins"...as if all proteins weren't made out of amino acids and their's are something special...

Do you guys have any of these, or is it just me?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah....we have a ton like that around here....one by a local attorney...corey b. trotz....he always has the most annoying and stupid commercials immaginable and to make them worse- he adds music to them....so colin and i make up our own words and sing along making fun of it

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there is so many i cant even choose which one to write...commercials these days get goofier and goofier though thats for sure and some get stupider

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is a commercial for the local plastic surgeon that looks like an invitation to be drugged and groped. (Note: avoid checking out your clients in your commercial- and do not cringe at your “before surgery†women in your commercial.) I would be curious how many people are scared away after seeing it...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do this to commercials, TV shows, movies, sometimes I am really insulted by how stupid they seem to think the American public is

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree, but there are some cute commercials. Like yesterday, during the football game (Patriots won Yeah!). There was a commercial that kept showing a replay to see if a horse went out of bounds. Then they show a zebra looking into the replay camera over and over again while the two horse teams waited. Two guys watching from a fence. One guy says that referee is a real ass. The other guy says, No, I believe he's a zebra.

You might have to be a football fan to appreciate it though.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Not technically a comercial but the lable on my new toilet seat says that it is dishwasher safe!

I mean seriously now people!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some commercials are so annoying I could throw myself out a window when they come on...like that new Wendy's(I think it's Wendy's) one where the guy is eating that teeny tiny sandwich and fries UGGGGGGG:eek:nfire And all the Safe Auto commercials! And some commercials are so funny and cute, can't wait to see what they come up with for the Superbowl commercials

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is one that plays around here. Its a lawyer something Nuggent. Anyways this guy always looks stoned and talk like it to. And his catch phrase "One call thats all" (you have to hear the tone) man is it annoying.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get in trouble because I have a tendency to yell at the television set when stupid commercials come on. There are two in particular that irk me, and both times it's because the women are portrayed in unflattering, shrewish lights.

The first is for Sensodyne, and it has a woman in her underwear standing in a bathroom while a man is taking a shower. While he's in the shower, she's turns on the sink faucet so that he's blasted by some cold water (you can see him cowering in the shower), and then when he's done, she hands him a teeny-tiny face-cloth as if he's supposed to towel off with that. I always wonder why he doesn't just lock her out of the bathroom if she's going to be such a
while he showers?

The second is for some kind of men's deoderant, I don't remember the name. A man comes in from jogging, tosses his clothes on the bed and goes to take a shower. The woman comes in, asks him where he's been, and when he says "jogging" she sniffs his T-shirt and says "Andrew! Your shirt's not even wet!" I can only assume this deoderant causes your girlfriend to think you're cheating on her.

I realize that, yes, these commercials are making me remember their products (if not the name of said product), but if I'm annoyed by the commercial, I'm not going to think of buying the product. I'll buy something else, something whose commercial doesn't make me want to throw the TV out the window.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the ones where the purpose can be eskewed.

I.e. the one where the family is sitting at the dinner table being all proper and someone comes in to tell them that they just won a trip to the super bowl.
Well the family looks well off...so does that mean only the rich people can go to the super bowl
???

Also B and I were picking on the Miller Lite commercial. They were bragging to be the best light beer in 2006 and as they showed the flag being hung, you saw the other 2 or 3 years they won...which none were consecutive.

So last night B and I were both like: So who's going to be the best in 2007? Certainly not Miller Lite

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I hate that YOP commercial so much that I have to change the channel when its on...The one where all the people are singing about YOP with big huge mouths...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of these are pretty funny and I laugh no matter how many times I see them. But yeah, sometimes you just have to change the channel.

I do love those Budweiser Kleisdales (sp?) commercials..they're wonderful! Just love the ones where they're playing football...two teams of horses! Beautiful!
I guess next to kitties, horses are my second fav animal on the planet.

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Not technically a comercial but the lable on my new toilet seat says that it is dishwasher safe!

I mean seriously now people!!
Ewww!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't get me started on the "Have A Happy Period" commercials...

Obviously written by man.

Yeah, I, too, am getting a bit peeved at the ones that are getting people so paranoid about bacteria. It's there, it's been there for millenia and will be there!!!!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i get really peeved at the scented stuff commercials (sprays, plug-ins, etc) when they are to cover up the "cat smell" in a house.
i always end up saying that maybe they should change the cat box once in a while, and it wouldn't smell.
i seriously hate those scented sprays/plug-ins/etc. they give me headaches.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These ones annoy me.

The whole "have a happy period thing". Ugh. I have endometriosis, and let me tell you a lot of the times I do "NOT" have a happy period. It is the LEAST favorite time of the month here.

The STUPID V tech commercials. "Kids put down your ______ and start playing your video games" ARRRGGGHHHH I have a hard enough time getting my kids to help around the house- we don't need a stupid commercial telling them it's ok!

The bacteria ones bother me too. One of the reasons why there is such a prevelance (sp) of allergies and asthma these days is b/c people are paraniod about bacteria (and I learned this in an anatomy and physiology class)

One I do like-
The caveman GEICO commercials.
They are SO stupid they're silly. The one I saw today had the caveman with a therapist- I'm guessing that's a new one.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely HATE the caveman Geico commercials. Actually I HATE most of their commercials - just DUMB! Ever wonder how cheap Geico can be when they spend so much money on TV advertising? Hmmm? I've had Mercury Insurance for decades, and they are far cheaper than Geico, 20th Century, or anything else I've compared and they don't advertise!

Commercials I love include any with animals in them - California Cheese with the talking cows, the litter commercial where the cat can't find his box, the Aflac duck, and of course the Budweiser commercials, all of them.

The difference between Budweiser and Geico is that Bud retires their commercials before you get tired of them, usually after you've only seen them once or twice. Geico uses the same dang commercial over and over and over and over until I want to puke. For that very reason I would NEVER buy their product.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooo! Here's another one we were laughing at.

There was a commercial for Tim Hortons last night that started off "Hey Canadians, do you know how to get your day started?"

We couldn't stop laughing.