Sometimes I hate technology

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year we replaced our tired old top load washing machine that was about 15 years old, with a new front load Kenmore that will cook dinner for you if you hit the right combo of buttons.
Yeah...well so what...it's already broken. So, no dinner and no clean clothes either. The itty bitty motor they use to drain the washing machine decided to die. Hello....I've seen bigger plastic motors in fish tanks to propel water around. Who designs these pieces of excrement?!?
Of course we're just outside of the warranty.....I'm sure that's part of the master plan.
I've decided that in the future if a washing machine has more than 3 buttons: Wash/Rinse/Off, then I'm not buying it.

P.S. Why does every new appliance have to beep, chirp or have a flashing light for every function on the face of the planet? Sometimes all I want to hear is my own cussing about why I can't get it to work.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

They sure don't build 'em like they used to
I don't think they build anything like they used to unfortunately..

Too bad about your machine..sorry, that must be so annoying!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's why I'm hesitant to replace my stove, which was an icky puke yellow color till we got at it with some appliance paint, since it does still work good.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about that, but like everyone's said they don't make stuff like they used to. When I moved into my first house in 1993 the washer was from the 1950's and still working with no problems!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Kenmore T3 washer and dryer-I know what you mean by too much electronics!!! If you just are out of warranty I would go to the store and speak with the appliance mgr to see if something could be worked out. Until we got the new washer/dryer-my dryer was my parents from the 80's!!