Cats on my car

ccosbybaker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 outside cats and I cannot keep them from getting on my car. They leave cat prints all over it and I don't know what to do. Please help!!!

Thanks,
Cindy

catlady4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keep the cats inside.....simple solution.

If you have to keep them off the car, then spray all around the car with a solution of amounia and water. It will keep them away, but if it rains you have to repeat the treatment.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ccosbybaker

I have 2 outside cats and I cannot keep them from getting on my car. They leave cat prints all over it and I don't know what to do. Please help!!!

Thanks,
Cindy
Cindy....if these cats cannot be brought indoors...then the best thing is to buy a car cover. I hope both these cats are spayed/neutered.

Katie

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Uhm, considering they're outdoor cats, the car is warm where the engine is, so they will climb upon there to warm they're little cold bodies in the winter. Like said above, keep them indoors. or hose down your car to get the prints off. it's not like they're hurting the car, it's just a little mud and dirt...

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can I ask why they are outside? I am a strong believe that no animal should be stuck outside their entire lives. Its not safe for cats to live outside.

Please do them a favor, and bring them in. It will also stop the paw prints on the car.

If I can keep all 30 of my cats inside, I am sure you can keep 2 indoors.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As already stated, they will naturally seek out the car for the warmth, also the height. Sadly, they also find places underneath to hide, including sitting on top of the tires. An older car with an unprotected fan is a deathtrap. The only solutions also stated: cats indoors or car cover.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps your car is in the garage? The way I keep Persi off of the car or anywhere in the garage because I never let him outside, is to honk the horn. Inside of a garage, a car horn is VERY loud to a cat and they will not be back, at least my Persi will not venture out into the garage again. If your car is not in a garage, I would still try the car honking as cats do not like that noise and will try to escape it.