My door was UNLOCKED this morning!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost crapped when I realized this morning, I had slept ALL NIGHT with the door unlocked!!

Dang, with all my fears of getting mugged, that could have been a very easy muggin for someone

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dang Nat. What has your mind preoccupied? You need to make it a habit to check the door.

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had that happen and we've also left the keys on the door all night.

I totally know what you are going through..the fear of what could have happened!

Glad you're ok though

I double, triple check now.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that before. I just silently say thank you for whoever didn't walk into my house.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosey

I've had that happen and we've also left the keys on the door all night.

I totally know what you are going through..the fear of what could have happened!

Glad you're ok though

I double, triple check now.
That has happened to me, too. That is so scary to see the keys in the door in the AM.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

That has happened to me, too. That is so scary to see the keys in the door in the AM.
When I went to leave for the gym this morning..I went to unlock the door, and when I saw that it was unlocked, I actually said "Uhhhhhhhhhhhh" outloud..I was trying to think of "did I already go somewhere this morning"?
I must be losing it

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe because I'm in a small town. But I never check it. And I feel completely safe here. Hubby does check it though.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to get accustomed to it pretty quickly because even if i leave my keys in the door, you can still stick the keys from the other side and open it!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This probably sounds weird, but here the door doesn't even get locked. Theres 6 different entrances to this house and thats just a pain to lock them all every night. I hate the fact they they aren't all locked, but its not my house. I don't even think all the doors have locks.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

This probably sounds weird, but here the door doesn't even get locked. Theres 6 different entrances to this house and thats just a pain to lock them all every night. I hate the fact they they aren't all locked, but its not my house. I don't even think all the doors have locks.
You live in the country though don't you? I live in the city, and things happen here..I feel like such a dumdum

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't sleep if I think my doors are unlocked. I will get up in the middle of the night and check them. I've done that numerous times, and the weird thing is, we can leave our house unlocked and noone will bother anything. I just am very paranoid and don't like doing it.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm kind of glad that my doors won't stay shut unless locked because of that. I did it once at my last apartment...even though the building door is locked...it's pretty easy to slip in, IMO.

wickedkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh that's nothing. My fiance wakes up at 7 to go to work and has to get his bike from our back garden via the kitchen.

I woke up one morning around 11 and went downstairs to pop the kettle on and was thinking to myself going down the stairs "Bloody hell its a bit cold out this morning", went into the kitchen and the back door was wide open

Phoned him up at work and he just went "thats odd because I was trying to remember if I had closed it not on my way to work"

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wickedkitten

Oh that's nothing. My fiance wakes up at 7 to go to work and has to get his bike from our back garden via the kitchen.

I woke up one morning around 11 and went downstairs to pop the kettle on and was thinking to myself going down the stairs "Bloody hell its a bit cold out this morning", went into the kitchen and the back door was wide open

Phoned him up at work and he just went "thats odd because I was trying to remember if I had closed it not on my way to work"
OMG, he sleep on the couch that night?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to leave my door unlocked today when I went to work cause I couldn't find my dang key! I can only deadbolt my front door, long story
, and I have to do that from outside obviously, so I just left it unlocked with the screen door closed. I used to leave the key in the front door all the time too, I kinda live out in the country to I guess

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Out here we don't even bother to lock our door. And neither does my uncle. We never have locked it and we leave our car keys out in the cars too and never think anything about it.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex used to leave it unlocked all the time! Luckily the likelihood of anything happening at that apt wasn't very good, but if I did that here I would FREAK.

Esp because I think there is someone who comes through the building and checks for doors that are unlocked. I've heard the door jiggle a couple times.