A PC question

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can someone tell me what I need for my PC to assist in video clips loading faster? I've spent a lot of time searching but do not really know what to search for. When I open a clip, it takes forever to load. There'll be about two seconds of play, then a full minute of waiting for another two seconds. I never have several windows open at one time and do not have much loaded on the PC. Can you tell I'm PC dumb? I'm using dialup. Does that make a difference?

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Occasionally a "download manager" can increase speed. Just Google "download manager" or "download accelerator" and there will be many links. Most of the software can be downloaded for free right off the internet.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's on the Internet a higher Internet speed is what you would need.

If not on the net you can upgrade your processor and graphics card.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phat Locani

Can someone tell me what I need for my PC to assist in video clips loading faster? I've spent a lot of time searching but do not really know what to search for. When I open a clip, it takes forever to load. There'll be about two seconds of play, then a full minute of waiting for another two seconds. I never have several windows open at one time and do not have much loaded on the PC. Can you tell I'm PC dumb? I'm using dialup. Does that make a difference?
I would say its because of the dial up. I have ultra lite high speed, and my video load choppy too..Its the internet speed...not your computer..IMO

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcrazyperson

yeah i have dail-up and i can never watch videos b/c they do what you said yours do.
yeah I usually don't bother watching either, its annoying to wait

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sbw999

Occasionally a "download manager" can increase speed. Just Google "download manager" or "download accelerator" and there will be many links. Most of the software can be downloaded for free right off the internet.
Began a download on a free accelerator right after you posted, then left the house for movie and errands. Just got back, tried some new videos (on the net) and they play start to finish without the wait. Yippee! Thanks for responding. I just didn't know what to look for.

Thanks for the responses everyone!