random biting in 6 month old

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok Stormie got spayed on wed last week...and she has pain medicine and she doesnt seem in pain but she is biting everything
she was trying to lay on my leg and she was last night and she just randomly bit my knee and i told her to stop so she got up and started biting my fleece robe...tonite now she is biting books and journals and things like that and u wouldnt think she was on pain medicine u would think that shes a younger playful kitten
I have a box from christmas with some thing in it and I had clothes on top which I havent been able to put away yet and she knocked all the clothes over and got in the box but then decided to chew on the box
she is biting everything!! Could this be from the pain meds???? Well after my mom forgot to give it to her because her head is racing really bad right now and its not a good time and well stormie didnt seem in pain at all except for randomly biting things and that wasnt until 2 am last nite and no its after 4 and she has started it again...i dont think she could still be feeling the pain meds which she got at 4 pm or could she and could this just be something of them not being on it anymore?? She is now currently biting my cover...Much help appreciated...thanx in advance

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Ok Stormie got spayed on wed last week...and she has pain medicine and she doesnt seem in pain but she is biting everything
she was trying to lay on my leg and she was last night and she just randomly bit my knee and i told her to stop so she got up and started biting my fleece robe...tonite now she is biting books and journals and things like that and u wouldnt think she was on pain medicine u would think that shes a younger playful kitten
I have a box from christmas with some thing in it and I had clothes on top which I havent been able to put away yet and she knocked all the clothes over and got in the box but then decided to chew on the box
she is biting everything!! Could this be from the pain meds???? Well after my mom forgot to give it to her because her head is racing really bad right now and its not a good time and well stormie didnt seem in pain at all except for randomly biting things and that wasnt until 2 am last nite and no its after 4 and she has started it again...i dont think she could still be feeling the pain meds which she got at 4 pm or could she and could this just be something of them not being on it anymore?? She is now currently biting my cover...Much help appreciated...thanx in advance
Could she be experiencing issues with her teeth?? (ie "teething") due to her adult teeth replacing her baby teeth? If she continues to do this, I would recommend having her see your vet.

http://www.cathelp-online.com/health/kitten3.php

Katie

sunshine'skid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Buddy would bite us around that age, but we took it to be teething because it stopped. I'd call the vet and see what he thinks.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver bit a lot when he was younger, but he seemed to outgrow it. He'll still bite occasionally if he gets overstimulated. I would call the vet and see if they have any ideas, if it could have something to do with the meds.

sazza

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten is 5 months old and likes to bite too, I put it down to teething, as he lost his first tooth today!