neighbor with unfixed cats

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
been in this town for over a year in march 05 i took in a female to late to spay/abort so let her have her babies and kept them all(mom and 5 kits) they all got spayed. I thought she was just a kitten who grew up and neighbor didnt want...well last night I find out they have her mom, a couple sisters and her brotehr(who looks like is also the father to kittens) they also have a litter of 6 ish month old kits(total cats is5 girls and 2 boys all inside outside and all of breeding age...I am maxed out and they are NOT going to do anything far as spaying/homing. I honestly don;t know what to do/say at this point. animal control is out of question as they would write a ticket for no lic...possibly being over limit(but I am and i cant risk them finding out) but they wouldnt solve this. the free/low spay group is limiting tickets to two a yr and low cost clinic is 100 a cat. sigh i just needed to vent and maybe get ideas

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

been in this town for over a year in march 05 i took in a female to late to spay/abort so let her have her babies and kept them all(mom and 5 kits) they all got spayed. I thought she was just a kitten who grew up and neighbor didnt want...well last night I find out they have her mom, a couple sisters and her brotehr(who looks like is also the father to kittens) they also have a litter of 6 ish month old kits(total cats is5 girls and 2 boys all inside outside and all of breeding age...I am maxed out and they are NOT going to do anything far as spaying/homing. I honestly don;t know what to do/say at this point. animal control is out of question as they would write a ticket for no lic...possibly being over limit(but I am and i cant risk them finding out) but they wouldnt solve this. the free/low spay group is limiting tickets to two a yr and low cost clinic is 100 a cat. sigh i just needed to vent and maybe get ideas
Ryan....are you certain that $100 is the best rate that you can find??

http://www.angelfire.com/md2/mdpetrescu/NJ.html

I would honestly recommend posting about this on this site:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FeralFriendsNJ/

And here as well:

http://network.bestfriends.org/newjersey/news/

Click on the "forum" tab and post under Working together for New Jersey animals.

The reason I recommend posting on those 2 sites is that they are both for New Jersey individuals and the members could potentially provide you with alternative spay/neuter options and individuals who can help you.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well I was outside talking to a semi feral-they are getting used to me. And my neighbor(jen) came out to her garage and starts talking about how bad cats were years ago...shes lived here 10 years and from what she knows the other ppl have been there 25-its the son now talking care of mom. well jen doesnt want to get involved in the actuall trapping but after we got gtalking she told me she donates to the aspca in NY but she would rather help out the local cats so she might pay for the spays on them
!!! so fingers and paws crossed that she does!!! I have enough portable cages to have 5 recovering. small cages but hey temporary ir would be ok. also have a unfinished basement that is warm enough to hold them. definatley cant have them mixing with my crew

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

well I was outside talking to a semi feral-they are getting used to me. And my neighbor(jen) came out to her garage and starts talking about how bad cats were years ago...shes lived here 10 years and from what she knows the other ppl have been there 25-its the son now talking care of mom. well jen doesnt want to get involved in the actuall trapping but after we got gtalking she told me she donates to the aspca in NY but she would rather help out the local cats so she might pay for the spays on them
!!! so fingers and paws crossed that she does!!! I have enough portable cages to have 5 recovering. small cages but hey temporary ir would be ok. also have a unfinished basement that is warm enough to hold them. definatley cant have them mixing with my crew
That sounds like a great solution.

Katie