does anyone else...

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get eye strain from staring at a computer screen for long periods of time, which can cause headaches. Also, if there's a glare, it could do the same thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

You can get eye strain from staring at a computer screen for long periods of time, which can cause headaches. Also, if there's a glare, it could do the same thing.
ahh that makes sense. yeah.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get headaches but it's because I have a bad neck. When I start to get a headache, I just go and do something else for an hour or two and usually I am fine.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do to...headaches, eye strain.

The other day I was working staring at the monitor so much (server issue) that everything was fuzzy when driving home.

Days like that I think about a new profession

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Is eye strain when you close your eyes and they kinda burn?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do. Especially during the week when I've been at work and then come home and spend too much time on the computer here too. Sometimes when I'm playing games on the computer I will get nasty ones. Especially really graphic ones, like the kind where the animation is more realistic I mean.

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
woah. i get them mostly in the back of my head. and ya, what exactly is eye strain? is it like what trout's mom said? i think it is...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I have two computers - an older PC (offline) that I use for work stuff, and a notebook (online) that I use for fun / research. I get horrible headaches and burning eyes after just half an hour at the PC (bought in 1997, with Windows 95), but the notebook doesn't bother me at all. How old is your computer? What type of monitor do you have?

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I have two computers - an older PC (offline) that I use for work stuff, and a notebook (online) that I use for fun / research. I get horrible headaches and burning eyes after just half an hour at the PC (bought in 1997, with Windows 95), but the notebook doesn't bother me at all. How old is your computer? What type of monitor do you have?
the computer is a little over two years old. the monitor brand is Envivion, i think. at least thats what it says on it.