6 months old and 7.4lbs!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
George was weighed thursday and at just past the 6 month mark he is a whopping 7.4 lbs. And he's not fat. He's got a bit head and he's thick, if you know what I mean......dense and bulky, but not chubby at all. He's already long enough to stand up and look over the arm of the couch! He'll be our second big'un, as Sammy is long enough to be able to look over the edge of the kitchen counter.

So, what do you think his final weight will be when he reaches adulthood? Think of it like a baby pool....closest poster to his 1 yr weight wins!!!!!

I'm going to guess 13.3lbs

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dont' worry, Willie's getting a little gut lately!

Once he's a year old, and he goes to see the vet, if he continues to get heavy, I'm going to have to put him on a diet!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I took Davidson in for a checkup a bit over 2 months ago, when he was only 5 months old, he already weighed 8lbs - he's really skinny but very long and lean.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's just a little one

Ivory was 9 pounds at 6 months and weighs 15 pounds now.
Her vet thinks she'll top off at around 18-20 pounds, and she's no fatty either.

I love big kitties.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

He's just a little one

Ivory was 9 pounds at 6 months and weighs 15 pounds now.
Her vet thinks she'll top off at around 18-20 pounds, and she's no fatty either.

I love big kitties.
OMG Trout is 2 years old and she only weighs like 7 lbs

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Socks weighs like 16 and a half puonds but he's eight.
so i'll guess 16 and a half, just for the fun of it, evnthough it proly wont go that high at one year.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to guess around 14 lbs. Jamie weighed in at 3.6 kg / 7.9 lbs. at 6 months, 5.9 kg /13 lbs. at one year, and is currently 6.6 kg. /14.5 lbs. at nearly 8 years of age. He only weighed 1.3 kg. / 2.86 lbs. when we got him at 10 weeks! (Does anybody else keep records of their cats' weights?
)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch is solid and weighed 14lb at the vet last summer, but she's not fat either. The vet said she isn't too big or fat, but muscle. I'm gonna guess 15lb.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

George was weighed thursday and at just past the 6 month mark he is a whopping 7.4 lbs. And he's not fat. He's got a bit head and he's thick, if you know what I mean......dense and bulky, but not chubby at all. He's already long enough to stand up and look over the arm of the couch! He'll be our second big'un, as Sammy is long enough to be able to look over the edge of the kitchen counter.

So, what do you think his final weight will be when he reaches adulthood? Think of it like a baby pool....closest poster to his 1 yr weight wins!!!!!

I'm going to guess 13.3lbs
Bagheera was 7.5 lbs at 6 months. Right before he went downhill. Nazumi is 7 months and 15 lbs. Hes growing like a weed still. I call him my mutant kitty. I'd guess George will be 14 lbs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing that makes me think he'll keep growing into a big guy is that the 7.4 lbs is all big head and paws lol

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meggie(half Ragdoll) was 3 months and 5 lbs, huge feet. I thought "Yea! a big kitty!". She got weaned, and I have an 8 lb cat with huge feet!

But assuming this isn't the case-LOL!, I'm going with 14.5 lbs!

(All 4 of mine are under 9 lbs
)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing he'll slow down just a bit and be 12.5 pounds at a year, and continue growing after that.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I'm guessing he'll slow down just a bit and be 12.5 pounds at a year, and continue growing after that.
What does Smudge weigh now? What was he at 6 months, I forget
I had his brother, who was about the same size, and I still can't remember. ( I think my loss of sleep is making me loose my mind though, I haven't slept more then 2 or 3 hours in a while now, and here it is 4:30 in the morn, and I still can't sleep
)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

What does Smudge weigh now? What was he at 6 months, I forget
I had his brother, who was about the same size, and I still can't remember. ( I think my loss of sleep is making me loose my mind though, I haven't slept more then 2 or 3 hours in a while now, and here it is 4:30 in the morn, and I still can't sleep
)
I think Smudge was 6.9 when he was sent here. October would be 6 months - probably about 9 pounds then. He's 11.5 right now at 9 months.