hissing and growling during introductions

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok we got the new kitten we been doing introductions and everything and the dogs and the kitten took soo well
so that introduction went really quick the bad introduction is Stormie and Bella to Blue...the sniff her and then bella will go sit and then she starts growling but sometimes its not until after Stormie starts and stormie will growl and hiss and then run and hide
Bella has also been doing swatting but I dont understand this because Bella used to take to cats really well she did for Stormie at least she still dont like the dogs though
its just really confusing me ecspecially for Stormie who when we got her was with 5 other cats
that werent her litter mates and she took to them and i brought her here and she took to everyone well for the most part midnight hisses at everyone but he is more of an outdoor kittie...he uses us for heat/air conditioning and sleep and of course FOOD
those are the only time u see him...he even goes out in the rain...such a weirdo....but he hisses at everyone hes taken wills place as my mom said
!!!! But Blue is sooo eager to go in my room what can I say I have a lot of neat stuff
its taken over with cat stuff
i kno how to do introductions and read the thread here and i also have a cat book explaining it but maybe this is a factor for stormie she was fixed a few days ago..so could that maybe have something to do with it? Also can cats sense if there is something wrong with another cat...we think she has worms so we are going to get stuff tomarrow...but could that be why they are hissing and growling because bella smells her but first and then thats when the growlling starts but stormie doesnt even smell she hisses and hides and runs !! Is this normal what can I do...could it be because Blue is sick....please help...any advice is greatly appreciated
is there something that i can buy some kind of spray im going to the pet store tomarrow well petco or petsmart !

O by the way I read all the articles on here and such and in my book...but I also did that sense thing with a clothing type they say do a towel but i have this joe boxer red long warm fleece robe and they both love to sleep on it so both scents or on it...any ideas of why bella could be hissing??

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't 'get stuff' tomorrow, do see a vet to diagnose it properly and get the right medicine. Cats will hiss and growl and swat each other and run around and drive you nuts while they're 'learning' each other, it's just what they do to defend their territory against new ones and will cool off in a few weeks, if not sooner, but the more you have, the more chance there will be for ongoing little spats once in a while as someone inevitably oversteps their boundaries sometimes.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

Don't 'get stuff' tomorrow, do see a vet to diagnose it properly and get the right medicine.
I agree, take the cats to a vet for meds.

Many cats need to be separate for a few weeks before meeting, perhaps you need to back track a little and let them slowly adjust to each other.