Do you have a bed time routine?

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When it is time for me to hit the sack after I do the usual: turn off the lights, turn down the heat, brush teeth, etc; I turn on the TV in my bedroom and change it to Nick at Nite and maybe watch an episode of whatever is on before I set the sleep timer and go to bed.

There's something comforting about falling asleep listening to reruns of Cheers, The Cosby Show, Roseanne, or the Fresh Prince. I wish they would scrap the Full House reruns.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brush and floss my teeth, wash my face, moisturize,put on socks ( I always like to have socks on my feet
) take my contacts out, set my alarm, turn off my candle warmers in the kitchen and in the bedroom, check on the kittens,and hop into bed and snuggle with Colin and Fosters our dog

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG its funny you ask that..I have a down pat routine that has never and will never change...

Brush my teeth and wash my face
Floss and moisturize
Turn off computer and TV
Set up coffeemaker timer for morning
Turn off lights
Grab my cell and cordless phone and put them BOTH on my bedside table in case anyone mugs me late at night
(Both in case one doesn't work in the event of an emergency..can you tell I haven't lived alone for long?
)

Turn on bedside lamp and read for a bit
Then off to sleep

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I brush and floss my teeth, wash my face, moisturize,put on socks ( I always like to have socks on my feet
) take my contacts out, set my alarm, and hop into bed and snuggle with Colin and Fosters our dog
Socks to bed?
FREAK!!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by churchi4cubs

There's something comforting about falling asleep listening to reruns of Cheers, The Cosby Show, Roseanne, or the Fresh Prince. I wish they would scrap the Full House reruns.

How can you sleep at night with out hearing little Michelle saying "you got it duude
?"

hmm I don't watch nick @ night
Roseanne who?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Socks to bed?
FREAK!!
Please tell me you did NOT just call someone else a freak.....

What is that saying??? Something about a pot and a kettle....

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Please tell me you did NOT just call someone else a freak.....

What is that saying??? Something about a pot and a kettle....
Whatever, you call ME a freak ALL THE TIME...and missy you are the freakiest of ALL!! Where do ya think I got my freakiness from?...MUM!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My routine is subject to change every few months just a bit.

-PJ's go on early in the evening
-First is taking care of the contacs and then all the what not in the bathroom
-Then I check the locks and plugs (never know when a kitty might have loosened one ya know?)
-Then I read on the couch for a bit till I fall asleep
-Once I wake up I use the blankets on the couch to make little cozy spots for the girls to sleep. Or I just cover them up where they are on the couch.
-Turn out the lights
-Set alarm clock
-Turn on Bible DVD in bedroom till I get sleepy again
-Sleep.

Now that's on a weeknight when it's hard to go to bed. On the weekends I skip the falling asleep on the couch and just stay up till I am actually sleepy!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

My routine is subject to change every few months just a bit.

-PJ's go on early in the evening
-First is taking care of the contacs and then all the what not in the bathroom
-Then I check the locks and plugs (never know when a kitty might have loosened one ya know?)
-Then I read on the couch for a bit till I fall asleep
-Once I wake up I use the blankets on the couch to make little cozy spots for the girls to sleep. Or I just cover them up where they are on the couch.
-Turn out the lights
-Set alarm clock
-Turn on Bible DVD in bedroom till I get sleepy again
-Sleep.

Now that's on a weeknight when it's hard to go to bed. On the weekends I skip the falling asleep on the couch and just stay up till I am actually sleepy!
Oh yeah, I forgot jammies, I put my jammies on as soon as I get home from work
If I need to go anywhere, I just change into real clothes...Jammies are way more comfortable to lounge in

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Turn off TV. Pearl knows this is her cue to go into her crate. Pet Pearl and Ike (he's already asleep on the loveseat).

Check door locks.

Brush teeth.

Pile pillows just right and crawl into bed (I've been in pajamas and socks, since I got home from work).

Read and pet Buddy, who's snuggled against my left hip.

After about a half hour, turn out light. Reach over to other pillow and pet Rowdy. Buddy now switches to my right side and Opie comes up, for HIS bedtime ear scratch. Reposition pillows, arrange feet around Opie and drop off.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Turn off TV. Pearl knows this is her cue to go into her crate. Pet Pearl and Ike (he's already asleep on the loveseat).

Check door locks.

Brush teeth.

Pile pillows just right and crawl into bed (I've been in pajamas and socks, since I got home from work).

Read and pet Buddy, who's snuggled against my left hip.

After about a half hour, turn out light. Reach over to other pillow and pet Rowdy. Buddy now switches to my right side and Opie comes up, for HIS bedtime ear scratch. Reposition pillows, arrange feet around Opie and drop off.
Aw, it must be nice to snuggle and pet so many furbabies before bed

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My routine tells the kits when it's time for bed too.

Scoop boxes
Put out fresh water and replenish dry food (sometimes give wet)
Wash up for bed
Brush teeth
Straigten out all the sheets, blankets
Shut off computer
Turn out lights - zzzzzzzzzzzz

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this is on nights after work I come in get my dinner out
Get changed into my pjs
Check the posts on TCS for about 30 minutes to an hour.
Go to the bathroom.
Pet Lilly and Tavia
Hop into bed and turn the tv on for a bit.
Tavia then lays on my chest for a bit wanting petting
then I fall asleep watching the tv and wake up a bit later and turn it off and go to the bathroom again and then go to sleep.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well first i see whats on nick at night i hate the cosby show but see i kno the schedule now so it depends on time and everything
then i usually put in an episode of charmed...then check all the doors bout 3 more times
then i turn off my lights...smoke one more cigg maybe...then hit play and choose the episode
and lay here and i usually have at least one cat on me
(i brush my teeth earlier and well im always in my pj's early and if im not i usually put them on right before i lay down) o and if i have sweets nothing chocolate tho ill eat it
!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am also one of those who puts their jammies on as soon as I get home from work.... and I get home as early as 4 o'clock
I also wash my face then too
Anyway, the first thing I do to gear up for bedtime is let the doggies out for the last time, then I come back in and shut off the TV, computer and lights, counting cats as I go to make sure everyone is present and accounted for
then I go the bathroom, brush my teeth and use astringent on my face, go to my room, turn on my alram, take OFF my socks, I get very hot in my sleep for some reason, lift Vino up into bed, he's getting a little arthritic, push Pandora over so I can get into bed, move Antigone off the covers so I can pull them up, adjust my pillows, lay down, pet Pandora, Antigone and Gaia, sometimes Nike too and fall asleep. Occasionally I'm so tired the petting doesn't happen and I swear I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take my contacts out, brush my teeth and wash my face.

Then climb into bed and if I'm still a little awake I'll read. Otherwise if I'm pooped, I'm asleep the instant I hit that pillow.

Oh and no TV for me...
B claims he needs it to fall asleep and we did have the TV in the bedroom in our first apartment. However he NEVER put the timer on and would fall asleep with the TV on all night.
Needless to say at 3 or 4 am when all the Japanese anime were playing I would be woken up by the bright flashes of light. Then I would be grumpy the next day.

So no TV in the bedroom.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a shower
Watch t.v. while putting cream on my feet.
Turn off lights.
Check front door (locked)
Go to washroom
brush teeth
moistureize
turn on bedroom light
read for 1/2 hour and let kitties get comfortable
Turn off light & go to sleep