The typical/average house

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read somewhere has 2 bedrooms and one and a half baths........

Just wondering about you all..........I would definitely say I have a typical home. We have two bedrooms downstairs, one being used as our office and there are two guest rooms upstairs with a small attic..........

What's yours like? Post pics if you have them.

My ex hubby and I many moons ago rented a studio apartment while living in Hawaii, so it was one room we lived in with a small bathroom.......I wouldn't recommend that to anyone!
Try fighting withsome when there's no other room to go into and slam the door!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, right now I live in a trailer and it has 2 BR and 1 BA, a kitchen and a LR, my parent's house has 5 BR and 3 full size BA, kitchen, DR, LR and a full basement.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home. I would say is typical for where we live. It's our first house, and has much more room than our old apartment.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have three small bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, living room, family room, and utility room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, your all above average then with all the loos! (how do you spell potty in England?)

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Average house for Toronto area? I'm assuming a subdivision home, detached or semi-detached, 3/4 bedroom and 2-3 washrooms on a 50x120 lot. Square footage - 1500-2000. Average price approximately $350K.

Rob and I stayed clear away from subdivisions when we were looking for a home. We hit the historical area and bought a major fixer-upper. Rob needed something to do.
We're halfway through the renos on this century old schoolhouse. We've turned it into a 2 bedroom, 2 washroom house and may add an extension on the back if we decide to stay. We also bought it for the lot size 40x260.

We will be changing out all the windows and brick hopefully next year so it will look different. Might consider the old board and batten siding look since we're in a historical area, but not sure yet.

Backyard

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4 bedrooms, 2 baths plus kitchen, dining room, living room, and full basement that we need to finish yet - 3rd bath roughed in.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Average house for Toronto area? I'm assuming a subdivision home, detached or semi-detached, 3/4 bedroom and 2-3 washrooms on a 50x120 lot. Square footage - 1500-2000. Average price approximately $350K.

Rob and I stayed clear away from subdivisions when we were looking for a home. We hit the historical area and bought a major fixer-upper. Rob needed something to do.
We're halfway through the renos on this century old schoolhouse. We've turned it into a 2 bedroom, 2 washroom house and may add an extension on the back if we decide to stay. We also bought it for the lot size 40x260.

We will be changing out all the windows and brick hopefully next year so it will look different. Might consider the old board and batten siding look since we're in a historical area, but not sure yet.

Backyard

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms with a great room, living room, kitchen, dining room, and laundry room, with a 2 car garage (the for some odd reason no cars fit into because it is full of JUNK!
)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kass? My house has parts of an old wooden schoolhouse my grandfather tore down. He believed in recycling long ago.

Anyway, this house was originally 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living area - and a path. Mom bought it and she and dad added a new kitchen, made 2 rooms into one (now the living room), two bedrooms that were decreased in size so a bathroom and 2 hall closets could be fit in.

Small and still hard to keep clean.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A path??? YOu mean a hall?

Originally Posted by gemlady

Kass? My house has parts of an old wooden schoolhouse my grandfather tore down. He believed in recycling long ago.

Anyway, this house was originally 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living area - and a path. Mom bought it and she and dad added a new kitchen, made 2 rooms into one (now the living room), two bedrooms that were decreased in size so a bathroom and 2 hall closets could be fit in.

Small and still hard to keep clean.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm currently in a one bedroom 600 sq foot condo. Typical for the NYC area. In other words- Small!!

I'm thinking about looking for a bigger place just don't know if it's affordable.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I live in a smaller house than most the rest of you. My house is about 1300 sq. ft., 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, an attic, a living room, basement, and a larger kitchen.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
3 bedroom 2 bath 1/4 acre lot ... backs to forest

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a lovely little apartment...so not a house at all
but I only have one bedroom and one bathroom............uh....does a kitty bathroom count?
If so, I have 2 bathrooms