Radar's antics, lets hear about your crazy cats!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have moved one of Radar's cardboard boxes and he is currently charging about the room (he's shut in the sitting room with me at the moment because Nate is making hot chocolate on the hob and doesn't need kitty help!) He is leaping sideways off furniture at great heights, bouncing into the box (which is now on its side) and skidding around the floor in it, then bouncing straight back out and off the furniture again! Earlier he raced into the kitchen and did a 360 degree spin on the tile floor, looked like some sort of figure skating routine!

So what crazy/amusing/downright hilarious antics do yours get up to when they are having a 'funny five minutes'?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowball had his 15th birthday last September, so he doesn't get crazy like that too often anymore.

But once when he was a kitten, my son and I were sitting on the floor playing a board game. Snowball was racing around the house, and everytime he went by he would scatter all the pieces of the game my son and I were playing, so we would have to set everything back up again,,,,and then Snowball would run by and scatter all the pieces, and so we would set everything back up...and then Snowball would run by..... It was funny, and it kept on like that for a while until Snowball finally gave up.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We call it "crackheading". Twitch loves 24 pack pop boxes(cubes). Once, we had two empty straight across from each other. We brought in groceries, & as usual, Twitch was crackheading excited to see us. I set down a full Pepsi cube while I brough in more groceries. I came back in the house in time to see Twitch race from one empty cube to the next empty cube, & then crash full-speed head on into the full Pepsi cube!
She was a little more leery of the cubes for about 30 seconds....

I just
when they puff up all their hair & their tails & chase each other. You'll get to have that soon Epona!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mosi is currently trying to jump onto the ceiling to catch the ba da beam laser He hasn't grasped that cats dont' do upside down too well

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari has the art of jumping and hanging from the door facings down pat. He has also been known to "charge" at Topaz then jump over her at the last moment.

Topaz is a sedate lady. But you never know when she'll hide and ambush him on one of his "tears".

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sibohan has been staying with mom and dad over the holidays and I was on the phone with mom last night and she said that Sibohan will be laying actoss her cat tree in the livingroom and all of a sudden NEEDS to be in the bedroom and she races down to the bedroon, then she NEEDS to be in the basement and races to the basement.

No wonder my brother calls her crazy cat.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout is NUTS!! Right now she is laying on my lap attacking my right wrist as I type..she thinks its a game

When I leave in the morning..she jumps up and hang from her paws on the windowsill so she can peek her little face out and say bye to me

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Trout is NUTS!! Right now she is laying on my lap attacking my right wrist as I type..she thinks its a game

When I leave in the morning..she jumps up and hang from her paws on the windowsill so she can peek her little face out and say bye to me
LOL! In the mornings when I shut the livingroom lights off by the front door Noodles jumps up on the couch and bats at my hand. I don't know if she's trying to get me to stay or leave the lights on!

Typically when they are having thier odd 5 minutes it just involves running and jumping over one another. Usually from one side of the house to the bathtub on the other side of the house....it's a wonder the curtain hasn't been torn down...yet!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know I've told this one before, but it fits this theme.
Fawn is the one for "skitties" as we call them.

Two things about the layout of our house: [1] the front door is on a landing between the upstairs and the downstairs, and the stairs split 180 degrees on the landing, [2] the coat closet forms a centre to a "track" which runs from the top of the stairs, through the livingroom, diningroom, kitchen, back hall, front hall, back to the top of the stairs. Are you starting to get a picture? Add to it a blonde blur, bouncing off the back wall (yes, literally!), launching from the top step to take the stairs down to the front landing in two bounds, with a 180 on landing and a spring up onto the railing, complete with "I'm CUTE
" written all over her face, for whatever human spectator happens to be handy.

We get it less frequently these days -- she is five and a half -- but I think she'll always be a kitten.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just don't even say "treats" in my house unless you'd like to be accosted by the Grace-meister!

ANd then there's the way Leo likes to get in the tub to watch the water go down the drain and make the little tornado..yes, while it's still full.

Raphael is only crazy in that he is a) constantly (and I mean ALL THE TIME) talking and b) not very graceful. He tries his best, but he kind of thuds and pounds around

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Mosi is currently trying to jump onto the ceiling to catch the ba da beam laser He hasn't grasped that cats dont' do upside down too well
We got one of those for our boys for Christmas. Spud ...being the old lazy guy just watches as Siams acts like a crazy cat over that light!!! Sometimes DH adds the laser pointer to the mix and I think he may be making Siam neurotic! Oh wait...I think Siam already is!

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I know I've told this one before, but it fits this theme.
Fawn is the one for "skitties" as we call them.

Two things about the layout of our house: [1] the front door is on a landing between the upstairs and the downstairs, and the stairs split 180 degrees on the landing, [2] the coat closet forms a centre to a "track" which runs from the top of the stairs, through the livingroom, diningroom, kitchen, back hall, front hall, back to the top of the stairs. Are you starting to get a picture? Add to it a blonde blur, bouncing off the back wall (yes, literally!), launching from the top step to take the stairs down to the front landing in two bounds, with a 180 on landing and a spring up onto the railing, complete with "I'm CUTE
" written all over her face, for whatever human spectator happens to be handy.
oh my gosh peanuts does the same thing!!!! she has to make a stop in every room...but we call it the rips not the skitties, though that would be a good name for it...

oh and also she always must watch thte toilet flush. its some kind of weird obsession.

oh and just recently she turned into a snuggle cat (totally out of character for her) and so every time she sees someone going upstairs to the bedrooms she makes a mad dash to the bed...then sulks when we dont get in.

socks doesnt have too many weird things he's too lazy...though im sure he must have some...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcrazyperson

oh and also she always must watch thte toilet flush. its some kind of weird obsession.
Absolutely!

Originally Posted by catcrazyperson

oh and just recently she turned into a snuggle cat (totally out of character for her)
You mean there's hope?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets..seee....

Little A is the king terror of our home.

Today alone he has:

shredded three documents.

hung from the door frame a few times.

gotten stuck on the doorframe and insist that meowmy helps him down only jump on my head and scratch me.

tipped over my shredded paper bin

Dip his tail in cooling soywax

And...

his nightly thing is to climb up on the hamper and wiggle his little tushie back and forth at Isis (our siberian husky) while shes in her kennel trying to sleep..and annoying the living tar out of her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just after I posted this thread yesterday, I (temporarily) lost the cat! Couldn't find him anywhere. Then it occurred to me that earlier I had seen that the cutlery drawer under the sink was slightly open and had closed it - so I opened the cupboard that the drawer is part of and lo and behold a pair of eyes is staring silently out at me from amongst a load of balled-up plastic bags.

I don't know how he even managed to fit himself into the partly-open cutlery drawer in the first place, let alone how he squeezed out of the back of it, I think he must be made of putty

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh where do I start? 8-Bit is... well... an odd little fellow. He has:

1. Stolen a sandwich from a repair man
2. Has an odd obsession with my dirty laundry (he makes nests out of it)
3. Likes to sit in the refrigerator
4. Hides bananas
5. Is my alarm clock (every morning at 6am)

That's a short list... if you search the forum for things like "red wine paw prints" more will pop up.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today Quill has:

Dashed around the christmas tree, knocking off a teddybear ornament.

Played with his *NEW!*green drinking straw/toy several dozen times.

Raced up to the bathroom with his new straw and fiddled around with it in the bath tub while we were sleeping.

Sat on my head purring to wake me up (the straw was probably carried onto my bed by him), then insisting that one of my fish bowls was for drinking.

Raced me downstairs with his straw in his mouth, and then making me trip over him ...
How many times have I told that boy to never run with straws?!

Fallen off the couch .... his pillow tipped as I sat down and he just tumbled off .... lol

it's only 9:30 am ....

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Just after I posted this thread yesterday, I (temporarily) lost the cat! Couldn't find him anywhere. Then it occurred to me that earlier I had seen that the cutlery drawer under the sink was slightly open and had closed it - so I opened the cupboard that the drawer is part of and lo and behold a pair of eyes is staring silently out at me from amongst a load of balled-up plastic bags.

I don't know how he even managed to fit himself into the partly-open cutlery drawer in the first place, let alone how he squeezed out of the back of it, I think he must be made of putty
Annie did this also as a kitten. She would open the top drawer (cutlery) and get in then emerge from the towel (the bottom one) drawer dragging all the towels with her. Annie also has an obsession with watching the toilet flush and gets mad at you if you put the lid down before it is done.
My brat pack seems to be on a schedule. Each morning about 10 and evening about 9 they all get together to play "cat-tag". Chasing each other from room to room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trinettec

My brat pack seems to be on a schedule. Each morning about 10 and evening about 9 they all get together to play "cat-tag". Chasing each other from room to room.

Radar plays cat-tag (or kitten-chase as we call it!) by himself
Racing from room to room. He will hide and wait for one of us to walk past his hiding spot, then leap out, bat us on the legs, and then race off to find another place to ambush us from. At least he bats us on the legs if we're lucky, he can leap up to my shoulder height from a standing start

I am so looking forward to having two cat kitten-chase! I hope Radar enjoys having a friend as much as we think he will