Jack has been a Terror Lately!

colin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, Jack was feeling pretty destructive yesterday. First he (I assume it was him) pried off the plastic cover that protects Franâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s fighting fish. When she was heading off to work, she found the fish ‘exposed,â€[emoji]8482[/emoji] and hastily taped the lid back on and then headed off to work.

This poor fighting fish lives in a large vase, about 12†tall and it probably holds about 3 quarts. When I came downstairs, I found that he (again assuming him) had tipped it over and spilled about a ½ gallon onto the floor and into one of the drawers (fish lives on the kitchen counter). The vase was about one inch from going over the edge!

Good grief! There was ‘fishyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] water all over our cooking utensils, and ‘sloshingâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] around in the drawer. Naturally these particle board drawers will probably warp now.

Then, he must have wanted to see out of the Venetian blinds in the office so he tried to chew through them! Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s right, there are not a series of little holes and some very bent up blinds! I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know whatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s gotten into him recently, but heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s been tearing around the house, ambushing poor Chloe, ambushing us, and generally behaving poorly. He knows heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not supposed to scratch the furniture, so heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll go and give a few scratches all the while looking in our direction!

I feel heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s taunting me!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found that one of my own little monsters does destructive things while looking right at me because he wants something. Usually it's food or a water change (sheesh, *I* didn't drop the kibble in the water!). Sometimes, it's even for attention.

Now, I don't know Jack, so I can't say for sure, but that's what I deal with when it comes to my Scotty.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if the "craziness" that we see in our kids isn't also related to the full moon - both Mollie and Sophie have been running around acting foolish and then they stop dead and look around with surprised looks on their faces - they are SO funny.
I am a firm believer that the full moon affects human behavior, so why not cats?
Also, I think that animals sense when storms are coming. We are expecting rain and winds this afternoon and evening - the remnants of the 2nd Colorado storm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

colin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I spoke to my wife and she's convinced it was Chloe who took the cover off the fish bowl! The fish now lives in a spare bathroom and she was hanging some laundry and had the door cracked open with a door stop. Somehow they managed to open the door wider and squeezed in!

She says she heard some noises and went to look and was just in time to see Chloe dash down the stairs with the container/cover in her mouth! She chased her downstairs to retrive the container and taped it over the bowl so their little paws wouldn't get to her fish. She (claims) Chloe was busted!

colin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I asked Chloe about this and she said:

colin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

You can almost see the halo shimmering above her head!
I confronted her with the "evidence" and ......

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Colin... I know what you are going through believe me.

My best advice is to love them, and buy lots and lots of cardboard scratchers.

colin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha Ha, We know Jack likes to scratch to get attention, but the "Fish Incident" is still under investigation! Jack, however was not impressed...