Professional Cat Pics

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So what do you think? No Chanan or Helmi over here but I think these are pretty good...

This is Masmera Puteri Manja - an entire girl from my 1st litter...

I think the pics are good...do you?

Comments on the cat also appreciated!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe she is sooo cute
, those photos are really GREAT
I ecspecially love the first one it looks great and the kittie is soo gorgeous too

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love professional cat pics, she looks beautiful

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes the first one you should frame and put on top of your cage. That one is really professional looking. If Charlie would sit still long enough, we might get a good picture like that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I like the first the best too! According to the CD of the pics he gave me, it took 20+ shots to get that one!! It was an exhausting 45 minute photo shoot!

It will be one of the pics that will go into my soon to be created website! Only 11 more cats to go!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a few comments.

First, those photos are beautiful.

Second, the subject is even more beautiful.

Third, I dare not show these photos to my husband. Abyssinians (sp?) are a particular favourite of his and he talked about getting one before we got Simba several years back.

Stunning photos.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I have a few comments.

First, those photos are beautiful.

Second, the subject is even more beautiful.

Third, I dare not show these photos to my husband. Abyssinians (sp?) are a particular favourite of his and he talked about getting one before we got Simba several years back.

Stunning photos.
Awww thanks - go on, show him the pics!!! I'm sure you'll both love having an Aby or two at home, I do!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BTW, anybody else have any pro pics taken of their babies??? Put them up, I'd love to see!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Awww thanks - go on, show him the pics!!! I'm sure you'll both love having an Aby or two at home, I do!
You are so right - he would love to have a couple Aby's. But at this point having 2 meezers is about as much as we can handle and he's totally smitten with Bijou. In fact, Bijou is the only cat we've ever had that he's been so ga-ga over. He's even starting to be ga-ga over Mika and she's our daughter's cat. (I think he's just becoming more of a cat person!
)

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

BTW, anybody else have any pro pics taken of their babies??? Put them up, I'd love to see!
I have professional pictures of Beau. They are not on the computer though.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK Abymummy, Who's the Cat-Whisperer that got your ABYSSINIAN to sit still long enough for a photo shoot!!!

The pictures look great, but then with the given subject matter, how could they look anything other than stunning!?!

Blue was a good choice for the backdrop. It compliments her very well (she has that ruddy orange color and orange and blue are complimentary on the color wheel)

I like the first one because it looks classic, but the second one really compliments your girl. Its an action shot, and we know abys LOVE action! LOL! Plus, one of my favorite features in abys are their eyes and that second shot is like 60% EYES!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahahaha Tiff!
If only you knew how long it took to get that shot! It's a husband and wife team that took the pics - hubby behind the camera and wife with the teaser toy...wonderful to work with them really! You should see the rest of the pics in the CD - typical Aby behaviour!

Most of the pics were like this:

Mind you, I made a mistake in not show bathing her for the pics...thus the cracks in her coat..but with a show coming up next weekend, too much bathing will dry out her coat and we can't have that can we???

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK, you can't just tease us by saying there are more pics and then not show them!

About the cracks, I never knew that bathing would resolve that. Dukes first show is coming up too (same day as yours, right?) What day are you bathing her for the show? I was thinking this saturday or sunday.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She and her daddy will be bathed on Tuesday...why, I donno - it feels right to me! To late and the coat may be dry, too early and the coat may be too oily! Are you showing both days or the one?

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just saturday. Excuse my ignorance (and temporary thread highjack!) but how do you tell if the coat is too oily?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should be able to feel it and see it...I really can't explain the feel over the net. I wouldn't worry about the oily coat too much in your case since Duke is neutered - less hormonal stresses on the cat.

BTW go back to my 1st reply to your post and you'll see what I mean by bad shots!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad I contacted Charlie's breeder for grooming before the show. I would have done him totally wrong (used to doing rexes). But he'll be easy to do - just that its different then the rexes.

One thing she mentioned is that I'm not to use any comb on his fur after the bath/show - it will leave lines in the coat and you can't get them out unless you re-wash!

But I'm glad to know another grooming routine - will help me in the future when advising people how to groom - I know basics now in ASH, rex, turkish angora, and now the ocicats - and each is different

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your pics are beautiful.
I love her precious face and eyes. And I like the tongue picture too. It shows character.