am bored and just wondering...

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
...does anyone give their cats food from the table sometimes? i must admit im guilty of it...i just cant resist those eyes!
yeah i know it can be bad for them if you do it alot but i dont. Honestly! she just begs soooo cute!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I have somthing with gravy or tomato sauce I will (when I'm done eating) pit the tip of my finger in it and let the cats have a taste. I will ocassionally give Sibohan a pinch or two off my toast in the morning, and Duke gets to lick a little yogurt out of my yogurt cup. I don't normally give them solid food of any kind from the table.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Rosie and Sophie don't like human food. They'll have a sniff out of curiosity but that's it.
Anya is usually the same way. Occasionally she'll lick at some shredded chicken, or a gravy.

I made this casserole one where I caught her licking my plate clean when I walked away from it. It was a beef casserole with a tomato soup base. She loved it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Anya is usually the same way. Occasionally she'll lick at some shredded chicken, or a gravy.

I made this casserole one where I caught her licking my plate clean when I walked away from it. It was a beef casserole with a tomato soup base. She loved it.
HAHA yeah peanuts will do that if you accidentely leave somthing out!!! i'm surprised she's not a fatty, like my Socks. i still love him though.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley and Davidson don't eat human food at all, they will sniff it, but thats about it. Unless I pour myself a glass of milk, they will take a lick or 2 when they think I'm not looking
, but then thats it, so thats their little treat, I don't mind.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't eat meat, but if we're having fish I usually give him a bit, but in his bowl because I don't want to encourage him to beg when we have plates in front of us (not as easy at I try to make it sound
) If I have yoghurt he gets the tub to lick, which he loves
Generally though he does not get people food - unless it's fish he will sniff and wander away. If we have fish he has to be shut out of the room with his own portion or he'd be in the middle of the plate

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia will patiently wait to lick our plates. She likes the butter from the vegetables.

Trent wants to sniff everything, but doesn't want to eat anything. Well, maybe a lick of whipped cream here and there, but that's it. No people food for him!

Ginger and Mojo are little garbage cans.
They *would* eat anything, which is why we don't offer anything to them.

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcrazyperson

...does anyone give their cats food from the table sometimes? i must admit im guilty of it...i just cant resist those eyes!
yeah i know it can be bad for them if you do it alot but i dont. Honestly! she just begs soooo cute!
I will give my cats a small piece of real chicken breast every once in a while - maybe once or twice a year.

Taylor LOVES milk and he is all over me when I have a bowl of cereal. I always leave a little milk in the bottom of the bowl when I have cereal and let him lick it out.

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

We don't eat meat, but if we're having fish I usually give him a bit, but in his bowl because I don't want to encourage him to beg when we have plates in front of us (not as easy at I try to make it sound
) If I have yoghurt he gets the tub to lick, which he loves
Generally though he does not get people food - unless it's fish he will sniff and wander away. If we have fish he has to be shut out of the room with his own portion or he'd be in the middle of the plate
penuts has never been the hugest fan of fish. but yes, she loves yogurt!!! what is it with that? i guess the milk in it...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Sev loves butter, he licked it off my bread tonight and chicken, he goes WILD for it so I usually boil him some when I'm making some sort of chicken dish.
I do that too, sometimes when I'm making chicken, I'll boil 1/2 a chicken breast for them to share, they will eat some of it, but not a lot, only a few pieces, but they love it.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really. We tried salmon on them once, and Whitey was the only one that ate. Then again, he'll eat just about anything.

He even gets to lick the silverware clean that I used to scoop the wet food out!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcrazyperson

penuts has never been the hugest fan of fish. but yes, she loves yogurt!!! what is it with that? i guess the milk in it...
He goes mad for yoghurt more than anything else! As long as it doesn't contain sugar or artificial additives it won't hurt, and live yoghurt keeps the good bacteria in their gut in good balance the same as it does with us. A bit of plain unsweetened yoghurt certainly does no harm
It also doesn't tend to cause the same problems that cats can have due to lactose in milk because of the good bacteria and enzymes in it, which break down the lactose in advance.

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

He goes mad for yoghurt more than anything else! As long as it doesn't contain sugar or artificial additives it won't hurt, and live yoghurt keeps the good bacteria in their gut in good balance the same as it does with us. A bit of plain unsweetened yoghurt certainly does no harm
It also doesn't tend to cause the same problems that cats can have due to lactose in milk because of the good bacteria and enzymes in it, which break down the lactose in advance.
hmm, i didnt know that.
thanks

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch loves the water that comes in jars of olives. Once I made cheese biscuits and she started licking one. Squee likes yogurt.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are moments where I am not given a choice with 8-Bit. Let's just say he can be fairly insistant about: Cheese, Bread, and Tuna.