New York's newest HERO!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you see this on CBS last night? AMAZING!!!
http://www.cbsnews.com/
(click on Notebook: From Bystander To Superhero and then scroll down to find the video)

A man was waiting for the subway with his 2 small daughters. All of a sudden he saw a man have a seisure and fall down onto the tracks. A train was coming!

The man jumped down, rolled the man between the tracks and laid on top of him until the train passed! It turns out that there was only 1/2 an inch between the 2 men and the underside of the train.

Imagine the courage that took? I watched it twice with tears in my eyes both times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

OK - I feel dumb! Couldn't find it, even when I typed the title into search.
Open the page to full screen and you should see Notebook: From Bystander To Superhero in the center at the bottom of your screen (NOT the bottom of the page) . Then, click on it. A new page will open. Scroll down to find the video. I hope you find it because its worth watching.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard about that yesterday. Amazing. He is so humble about it to. He is talking to the media and everything but isn't calling himself a hero. He also said anyone else would have done the same thing.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
He made the international news! I saw the CNN report yesterday, and was rather pleased to see his heroic act reported on European TV today. What a selfless thing to do.
That took an awful lot of guts, and pure compassion for another human being.

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! That is amazing. What a great start to the New Year!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its been on our news a lot--I think cause the guy's from Mass. Heard Donald Trump offered him a 10,000 dollar reward. It is so refreshing to see a news story about someone doing something good for a change.