Neuter Tomorrow!

a(tm)?ropera(tm)?

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well Tomorrow my Baby is getting neutered. I feel bad about putting him through the pain! But I found a new vet I may like and I'm dropping Roper off tomorrow morning at 8am. I then can pick him back up around 2pm. The price is $168.00 It includes the neuter, anestecia (sp), rabies, special collar, and pain meds.
He also cant eat after 6pm or drink after midnight today.
I hope all goes well and that he isnt in to much pain. He's also going to be so scared!
They also wanted to know if I wanted to declaw him. I sort of felt like they were pressuring me into doing it. But I told them No, I didnt want it done.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate how they always assume that you want your cat declawed.
Tobie got neutered a few days ago, and he's back to his old self. He was sore the first night, but he's playing as usual now. I felt guilty too... poor little guy got his manhood taken away... I'm sure he'll be fine. Give him lots of kisses and hugs!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, my vet would have a fit if she heard that vets were encouraging declawing! She's firmly against it - and I agree 100%!

Hope everything goes well for Roper tomorrow - strong vibes coming your way baby!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending vibes to you and baby Roper
They usually just bounce right back.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending vibes as well! I remember baby Roper. I think you joined the site about the same time I did. He was always such a cutie. Good to hear you're doing well, and don't worry, your baby will be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

a(tm)?ropera(tm)?

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I feel the same way about his manhood being robbed of him lol

I'm against declawing to unless your cat has a serious issue about clawing things up. Roper does a few scratches here and there and I dont like the idea of declawing so I just take the time to trim his nails. They were rather pushy about it!

Emily- yep I joined around the same time also!! I made a thread not to long ago with new updated Roper pics!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwwww that sweet baby.

If cats are clawing things up all you have to do is redirect their attention to the scratching post. Put material on the things that they are clawing that would deter them. Never is clawing things up a reason to get any cat declawed.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the neuter! Radar was drowsy and a bit sore when he came home in the evening after surgery, but the next day he was leaping around as usual and back to his normal horrible self
- he also had 6 stitches in his belly from a hernia operation, so I am sure your boy will be fine

a(tm)?ropera(tm)?

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Roper is back home!! he was a little dopey and sore and he has pain meds twice a day for three days. he also has the stupid cone on!! Did anyones cat have to wear a cone?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ♥Roper♥

Roper is back home!! he was a little dopey and sore and he has pain meds twice a day for three days. he also has the stupid cone on!! Did anyones cat have to wear a cone?
Why would he have to wear a cone? I dont understand. How old is he now?

a(tm)?ropera(tm)?

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Why would he have to wear a cone? I dont understand. How old is he now?
He is 8 months old and wieghs 10.4 lbs.

They say for him to wear the cone for a week....another thing is...I see no stitches??? are they on the inside or what?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never heard of a male cat wearing a cone after a neuter. Maybe someone else has? Or maybe you can start a new thread asking?

Did you make sure they didnt take his claws?