What would your rather have?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A nice warm, balmy winter or a cold, snowy one? This winter so far has been "balmy" in Ohio........but I'm sure our luck won't last long.......

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A warm one for me as well. I hate being cold
The weather has been ok here as well compared to last year. Is this the calm before the storm as they say?, because february is usually a really bad month weather wise here

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't get much snow in Cincinnati but it has been unseasonably warm this winter. I'm not complaining too much though.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the longest its been balmy in Michigan (err...southern michigan) and I really don't like it. I feel like I've been sick the past 4 weeks and my allergies are horrible (worse than the spring at this point).

So I voted Cold!!! Give me a break!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I voted warm, only because I don't want to face the heating bills. Otherwise I don't mind a snowstorm once in a while

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All you people that love the cold and snow, do you have to drive in it everyday?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I hate winter - I vote warm and balmy anytime!
Exactly. It has been so nice here this year. Lots and lots of rain this winter but I'd prefer that over snow.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to have some snow, but not an overly agressive winter. I like a Dry cold winter. But this winter has been wierd It has only snowed once that was on boxing day and it's been above freezing for the last 2 weeks. Notmally Ottawa has a really crappy winter with tonz of snow and terrible windchill

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

All you people that love the cold and snow, do you have to drive in it everyday?
No.
When its snowed here, our city closes down.
But Ive been in Colorado for a nice snowy winter and I LOVED IT!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I voted cold and snowy too.
This really mild weather is confusing to plants. There was an article in the local newspaper last night that winter wheat is sprouting! So whats going to happen when the cold weather actually arrives?? I'm glad that we have received some rain/moisture though that got to soak into the soil as it was a dry fall.
The worst that could happen is we could go from this warm weather to really cold and no snow cover which again isn't good for plants. And with colder weather more the of bad insects will not survive the winter. We have onl yused up about 25% of the firewood we hauled into the basement so far. And I don't like keeping in over the summer (bugs again!!)
On the other hand its nice that I don't have to bundle up while taking my walks outside.